X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the header, the headinclude.

Comment

To be honest.. Google scares me

What comes next..? Google Earth? Google Mail?!
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Not the header, the headinclude.
        Thats were a few of us have already tried putting it Zack, right at the very top of the Headincludes template, but it's still not picking up stats. I installed this about 20 hours ago now.

Comment

You'll need 24hrs for the stats to show. Like all webstats programs.

Chris
          "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
          is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
          ~~~
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

This is what is says about the code you use:

Copy the following code block into every webpage you want to track.
            Click in the box below to select all code. Next, copy it. Then, paste the code segment after the <head>, <meta> tags and before the </head> tag on each page you are planning to track.

So in that case placing the code at the very top of the headinclude template is wrong before the META tags. I'm thinking this would be the right place just after the META tags in the headinclude template.

Code:
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=$stylevar[charset]" />
            <meta name="generator" content="vBulletin $versionnumber" />
            <meta name="keywords" content="$vboptions[keywords]" />
            <meta name="description" content="$vboptions[description]" />

<!-- Custom Code Start -->
            Google Analyst Code Here
            <!-- Custom Code End -->

<!-- CSS Stylesheet -->
            $style[css]
            <if condition="is_browser('opera')">
            <style type="text/css">
            ul, ol { padding-left:20px; }
            </style>
            Thats were I've put mine now and I'm just gonna give it a full day "Even though it says 12 hours" and see if it works.
            Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 15 Nov '05, 10:36am.

Comment

That's where I had it, but it wasn't generating any data.

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
              This is what is says about the code you use:

Copy the following code block into every webpage you want to track.
              Click in the box below to select all code. Next, copy it. Then, paste the code segment after the <head>, <meta> tags and before the </head> tag on each page you are planning to track.

So in that case placing the code at the very top of the headinclude template is wrong before the META tags. I'm thinking this would be the right place just after the META tags in the headinclude template.

Code:
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=$stylevar[charset]" />
              <meta name="generator" content="vBulletin $versionnumber" />
              <meta name="keywords" content="$vboptions[keywords]" />
              <meta name="description" content="$vboptions[description]" />

<!-- Custom Code Start -->
              Google Analyst Code Here
              <!-- Custom Code End -->

<!-- CSS Stylesheet -->
              $style[css]
              <if condition="is_browser('opera')">
              <style type="text/css">
              ul, ol { padding-left:20px; }
              </style>

Comment

same here, it didnt work at all for me placed i n the header include, i put it in the header template at the very top (line 1). You can then go back into the google control panel and it should tell you it finds it right away.

Then you'll get the message your stats will start updating in the next 12 hours.

Comment

well it tells me with it in the headincluded it has found the code and it will take 12 hours, even when I put it on the very top line in headincludes.

So god knows

Comment

Twelve hours have gone by, and my web data is still nowhere to be found
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

It's still "not ready for prime time". It'll show up eventually...
                      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I've set it up and it is great to play with. Soon once I understand it better I will use it for the more serious web sites.

Comment

I have it on a VB and non VB powered pages and still no data and it has been close to 24 hours since I installed the code. I guess they got more people to sign up than expected. They probably are still working some bugs out, so we just gotta site tigt.

Comment

Be patient youngs ones - the force is near

Comment

put in headinclude and its been more than 24hrs... nothing

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                                put in headinclude and its been more than 24hrs... nothing
                                It should work if you place it in http://www.conflictingviews.com or http://www.mustangevolution.com, but I do not know about http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum or http://www.conflictingviews.com/forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X