I'm becoming irritated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm becoming irritated

I cannot STAND when new hardware doesn't work.

Our previous printer broke and we purchased an HP All-in-One for $50. I installed everything correctly, then when Setup Assistant ran that sets up the printer it continually tells me that the USB device can't be found when System Profiler clearly tells me that the printer is connected to the computer fine. The stupid ****ing software just can't comprehend that .

Boy, I'm starting to get pissed off.

With alot of newer stuff like this, its generally easier to attempt to FIND the driver, but HP doesn't do that.

Shut off your computer, unplug your USB device (the printer in this case). Turn your computer back on. Run the HP installer wizzard and WAIT for it to tell you to plugin the device.

Comment

For the Windows installation it says that.

For the Macintosh installation it doesn't.

Windows:
      1) Insert CD.
      2) Follow instructions.
      3) Wait for onscreen prompt to plug in USB device.
      4) Follow instructions.

Macintosh (me):
      1) Locate CD. Continue to next step.
      2) Connect USB device.
      3) Insert CD.
      4) Install all software including Setup Assistant. If our piece of crap software won't read your printer at this point, we apologize; however, we don't really care.

Comment

Oh well thats what you get for using a sub-standard OS

Chris

Comment

Please. In my experience Macintosh is equal to or superior than Windows in every way aside from gaming (which is why I built a PC).

Comment

Who said I was referring to Windows?

Go Fedora!! w00t w00t w00t

Chris

Comment

Your not the only one, today EVERYTHING has gone wrong and I mean EVERYTHING. First I kicked my plug socket and blew my motherboard with a mini powersurge and trying all day to figure out why nothing works. Then I actually get another pc to work and once I get online I see my server is down and broke to, it sucks.

Comment

Try running the printer on XP's own default printer drivers. Let XP handle it (saves troubleshooting and notoriously cranky HP drivers), and you get most of the features -- (this HP printer runs without any HP software, and over USB as well).

Chris
                "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                ~~~
                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I said I was on Macintosh, not XP.

Comment

Why not add the printer to your PC box and just transfer whatever file on it to be printed. Sure beats the frustration and trying to find MAC help (which is difficult to get, even for techs).

Chris
                    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                    ~~~
                    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I have no PC yet .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X