X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ritterz
    Thanks for your reply, I will register on the admin zone as I have been looking that site for a couple of days now.
    You might also want to take a look on www.vBWebmaster.com and www.best-board.com - all have things to offer

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Just been looking at your site and forum, I think it's a really good place but I don't have anything in common with it, good luck with it though.

Leave a comment:

• roosevelt
    replied
    Originally posted by Ritterz
    Sounds like some good rules there dude, your forum must be clean :P.
    Yes you can say that. However when I started with the community I didn't setup any rules... because I needed people to sign-up and you know make it active even though it had some spams. But as soon as the total members hit the number 30, I just made the rules... and started to take things seriously. And so far PhotoshopCity.com is a spam free forum .

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    Sock?
    Banana Hammock...

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Axar
    Hello.
    Sock?

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by roosevelt
    I usually block the spammers IP addresses. Because I have lots of good members and because of one idiot I don't wish to keep another moderator or just make my forum look bad. This is what I do officially:
    • Get the spammer's IP address from db.
    • Delete his account from my forum.
    • Block his IP or proxy range if he was using proxy and disallow him to view my website/forum everything.
    • And if I see a good memeber being a naughty boy, send him a warning email/pm and raise his bar warning bar.
    This is how I deal with spammers and leave no chances for second chance .
    Sounds like some good rules there dude, your forum must be clean :P.

Leave a comment:

• roosevelt
    replied
    I usually block the spammers IP addresses. Because I have lots of good members and because of one idiot I don't wish to keep another moderator or just make my forum look bad. This is what I do officially:
    • Get the spammer's IP address from db.
    • Delete his account from my forum.
    • Block his IP or proxy range if he was using proxy and disallow him to view my website/forum everything.
    • And if I see a good memeber being a naughty boy, send him a warning email/pm and raise his bar warning bar.
    This is how I deal with spammers and leave no chances for second chance .

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Viktor Kraft
    Don't worry, this happens frequently. When your forum become bigger, it will have more spam and flood like this. You only have to delete their posts and ban their accounts. You can disallow normal users to give negative reputation, that also helps too.

Do you know The Admin Zone? Take a look there
    Thanks for your reply, I will register on the admin zone as I have been looking that site for a couple of days now.

Leave a comment:

• Viktor Kraft
    replied
    Don't worry, this happens frequently. When your forum become bigger, it will have more spam and flood like this. You only have to delete their posts and ban their accounts. You can disallow normal users to give negative reputation, that also helps too.

Do you know The Admin Zone? Take a look there

Leave a comment:

• Axar
    replied
    Hello.

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    started a topic Omg

Omg

Hey,

I had about 5 new registerations on my forum today, I thought it was very strange, I didn't think nothing of it so I got back to playing "There" I checked my website and they've spammed all my forums and negative rate the reputation.

I've banned there Email addresses, I'm just wondering if anything happened to your guys and what did you do.

Also, some of the "Interduce yourslef" thread are missing I'm only the admin and I don't have any moderators can this be done with too many neg rating or something? Sorry for the spelling I'm rushing!!

www.gamestomb.com - www.gamestomb.com/forum

check for yourself
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X