Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Fireworks Be Banned?

Hello,

What are your thoughts on banning Fireworks. It's been on the news over here in the UK about banning them as people are just being careless and throwing fireworks at people. I do think they should be banned or bring out a special licence or some sort.

What are your thoughts on this?

It's a controversial topic.

In my honest opinion, no they should not be banned. With everything, there is a responsibility of the holder of to use them with care and maturely. Kids are always going to get ahold of anything that they are not meant to have. I just believe that police should clamp down on youngsters with fireworks.
    Computer Networking Forums
    www.unlocked-networks.com

Comment

No, they should not be banned. The small minority of idiots who abuse them should be banned.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

I think they should only be sold to people that are organizing events.

They could do something like, people who want to make an event, registers the event at some place.

They get some document, or id card. Then they show it to whoever, to get the equipment.

Uhh. Or something. XD

Comment

Fireworks definitely SHOULD NOT be banned.
          I mean, they're a big part of tradition. And banning them just because there are irresponsibe people around is stupid. It's like banning cars because of careless drivers.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Hell no

Comment

They should be banned for public purchase. Being an owner of 6 cats, I know what it's like around this time of year and new year, and my cats are terrified of the noise. They hide behind the TV, Computer Desk, and all sorts and just sit there shaking. I'm all for council-arranged displays and for big venues to apply for a license to purchase them, but as far as selling them to the public, it's idiocy. Besides, they keep me awake at night too with the local little runts letting them off in the middle of the night
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

For two times a year in the United States I think people should tolerate them. It's tradition

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                  For two times a year in the United States I think people should tolerate them. It's tradition
                  Twice a year? As soon as they hit the shops in the UK people are letting them off every night. It goes on from mid-september to late november during Guy Fawkes period.

Comment

They should undoubtedly be banned from sale in all shops and stores. Period. Displays for the public should of course be maintained as everyone enjoys these.

Way too many accidents caused by idiots - just one of these is enough to justify not selling them to the general public.

Yes I appreciate this is quite an extreme opinion, but I am sure this doesn't need to be justified to anyone who has children as i am certain they will understand why they need to be banned.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
                      They should undoubtedly be banned from sale in all shops and stores. Period. Displays for the public should of course be maintained as everyone enjoys these.

Way too many accidents caused by idiots - just one of these is enough to justify not selling them to the general public.

Yes I appreciate this is quite an extreme opinion, but I am sure this doesn't need to be justified to anyone who has children as i am certain they will understand why they need to be banned.
                      just one of these is enough to justify not selling them to the general public.
                      Excellent! Now let's get rid of all automobiles too because just one accident by one idiot is enough to warrant this!

I can see this thread taking a huge downfall

What the hell does having small children have to do with this anyway? Small children should not be anywhere near fireworks to begin with.

Comment

Excellent! Now let's get rid of all automobiles too because just one accident by one idiot is enough to warrant this!
                        They're two totally different things, a car isn't an explosive packed with dynamite that can be sold over the counter and set on fire anywhere you like.

What the hell does having small children have to do with this anyway? Small children should not be anywhere near fireworks to begin with.
                        It only takes an old-looking 15yr old to be able to go and purchase them. Then they'll be out drinking on the streets (like happens in some many UK towns nowadays) and think "Hey let's set off that firework". They're not trained, they're under the influence of alcohol and it ends up going through someones bedroom window and injuring them. Go figure why kids are part of the problem...

Comment

You're kidding right dean?

A car, regardless of what is is, has more destuctive power than most anything you can buy legally from a fireworks store. Ontop of that they are esaly accessable if you really want one.

Comment

It's not illegal for someone who's 18 to go and buy fireworks (an explosive) and set it on fire where they like. It's illegal for anyone under the age of 17 to get behind a wheel without a provisional license and an adult over the age of 21 who has had at least 3 years driving experience. The law speaks for itself.

Comment

The same topic has been brought up every year for as long as I can remember. A milk float can be deadly if you drive it down a steep hill and aim it at a pedestrian, doesn't mean they should be banned.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X