Paid Subscription Expiration Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscription Expiration Notice

Anyone know of a hack or a way to make vB e-mail a user before their paid subscription expires.
    Group Builder

vB already does this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Does it PM them? Do I have to set it up or does it do it automatically?
      Group Builder

Comment

I believe it sends an email, but not PM. And it should do automatically.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Is there a way to verify that such expiration notice emails have actually been sent? Because I have a number of users stating they have not been notified. (Other email features on the forum ARE working, for sure.)

Comment

You would have to loook at the server mail logs to do this.

Otherwise you can install this plugin which will log all vB emails to a file. This will tell you if vB is sending these emails or not:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101629
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I suspect that the notices ARE going out, but either not being seen or being caught by spam filters. I may install this so that we can verify in the future when users have indeed been notified of something.

How far in advance are the expiration notices sent? And do they include any indicator of when the subscription expires? Having these sort of things be optional or configurable would sure be handy in regards to the subscription system. We are NOT using the auto-renew-unless-you-cancel system through PayPal (our users really objected to this), so when the renewal date comes around the user's access is suspended, and they almost never know why, because they haven't seen their renewal notice. It would be easier for us to administer this aspect of the site if the subscriptions system allowed for a little more manipulation (like being able to sort by expiration date, or to see who was within 2 weeks of expiring, resending notices, that sort of thing).

(And my apologies for hijacking a thread in chit chat. I just realized where this was -- I originally found it through a search.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X