Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More vB Products Please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More vB Products Please

    I took a look over on IPB's site today and was a little surprised/disappointed to see all the new products they're coming out with:

    =====================================================
    Invision Dynamic: Looks like some kind of CMS solution for sites that run IPB. I'm aware that there are things like vBAdvanced, but a lot of people need something "deeper" than that.

    Nexus: An online store. One thing that has been sorely needed in vBulletin is a storefront integration; TheVBGeek.com is working on something (we own and use it on our site). It's a great addon for being in beta, but compared to the looks of Nexus it's got a long ways to go. I believe an official vB storefront addon would be tremendous selling point to a lot of people.

    Vectura: This would be a great addition to any site - The ability to offer your members free webmail. I think there was an addon a while back for the 3.0.X series, but again, it wasn't an offiicial vB product.

    Invision Gallery: There are two excellent solutions (that I'm aware of) for gallery integration - PhotoPost and the vBAdvanced Gallery. The vBAdvanced is great (we use it) but it still has some kinks and isn't as powerful as PhotoPost (EXPENSIVE and not designed specifically for vB).

    Invision Blog: Lots of vB solutions out there for this already, but the more official vB products the more your appeal grows.
    =====================================================

    Please don't think I'm trying to start an IPB vs vB debate or that I'm complaining. I just think vB ought to put out some sort of "this is what's coming, it'll be done when it's done" thing out there.

    vB is a great product and you've got a lot of loyal consumers, give us some news

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Yeah I'm hoping to see even more vB products soon.
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

    My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheHeggy
      I took a look over on IPB's site today and was a little surprised/disappointed to see all the new products they're coming out with:

      =====================================================
      Invision Dynamic: Looks like some kind of CMS solution for sites that run IPB. I'm aware that there are things like vBAdvanced, but a lot of people need something "deeper" than that.

      Nexus: An online store. One thing that has been sorely needed in vBulletin is a storefront integration; TheVBGeek.com is working on something (we own and use it on our site). It's a great addon for being in beta, but compared to the looks of Nexus it's got a long ways to go. I believe an official vB storefront addon would be tremendous selling point to a lot of people.

      Vectura: This would be a great addition to any site - The ability to offer your members free webmail. I think there was an addon a while back for the 3.0.X series, but again, it wasn't an offiicial vB product.

      Invision Gallery: There are two excellent solutions (that I'm aware of) for gallery integration - PhotoPost and the vBAdvanced Gallery. The vBAdvanced is great (we use it) but it still has some kinks and isn't as powerful as PhotoPost (EXPENSIVE and not designed specifically for vB).

      Invision Blog: Lots of vB solutions out there for this already, but the more official vB products the more your appeal grows.
      =====================================================

      Please don't think I'm trying to start an IPB vs vB debate or that I'm complaining. I just think vB ought to put out some sort of "this is what's coming, it'll be done when it's done" thing out there.

      vB is a great product and you've got a lot of loyal consumers, give us some news

      Thoughts?
      Invision is taking over with all of those addons and out of the box features...
      Time for vb to catch up

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd be interested in vBlog, vGallery and maybe a vMail for premium members

        Comment


        • #5
          vBulletin has already told us they're making a content management system, blog, and (I believe) gallery.

          They had to release 3.5 first, though, because 3.5 uses the plugin and hook system all of the above add-ons will use to make them very easy to install and easy to keep throughout upgrades.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Andrew111888
            vBulletin has already told us they're making a content management system, blog, and (I believe) gallery.

            They had to release 3.5 first, though, because 3.5 uses the plugin and hook system all of the above add-ons will use to make them very easy to install and easy to keep throughout upgrades.
            They could at least tell us whats on the horizon and give us time to save some $$$ to buy the new products.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, I've heard about their CMS, but that's been rumored for a few years now. Same with their gallery I think, though I've heard even less about that.

              I honestly do NOT want to switch to IPB, but they are starting to overtake vB feature-wise with their new add ons. Some products haven't been released yet, but they actually have a page to generate interest, increase their appeal and to say "Hey, we're moving forward!".

              While I love vBulletin, I'm eventually going to have to choose between the two if I want to increase the percieved desireability of my website. Sort of like choosing Linux over Windows - Linux is better, but Windows has more to offer. (Only an example! I don't want an OS debate )

              I feel the customers here deserve at least a teaser of what's coming.
              Last edited by Webnower; Sat 29th Oct '05, 11:24am.

              Comment


              • #8
                A teaser always leads to something more.

                If nothing else, I think that Jelsoft has been proving for the last few years that as soon as you think they're falling behind they beat you over the head with something that makes you ashamed you ever doubted them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would think that since they've already hired 2 new people, that these are the first clues that they're moving forward and about to work on or release something big. I mean, the current support staff was doing a great job, they obviously had another reason to hire another person (such as new products)

                  MGM out

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MGM
                    I would think that since they've already hired 2 new people, that these are the first clues that they're moving forward and about to work on or release something big. I mean, the current support staff was doing a great job, they obviously had another reason to hire another person (such as new products)

                    MGM out
                    That's exactly what I was thinking too

                    I really don't want to see one of my favorite companies get overshadowed by anybody though, thus the reason for me creating this thread. vB is rock solid, a nearly flawless piece of software and has given our site nothing but quality performance. I think I'm just getting antsy waiting for the new stuff to be announced while the competitor's customers already know what's coming / already have it.

                    Maybe it's going to be a surprise?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like the 24hrs support, so that everyone can have their question(s) answered like we do in North America, quick and fast.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                        I like the 24hrs support, so that everyone can have their question(s) answered like we do in North America, quick and fast.
                        I think its the excellent support thats causing all the trouble... the staff is concentrating so hard on their support that the developers probably think they'll overwhelmed with more products... which is why hiring more people is the next best option besides not adding new products at all.

                        MGM out

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MGM
                          I think its the excellent support thats causing all the trouble... the staff is concentrating so hard on their support that the developers probably think they'll overwhelmed with more products... which is why hiring more people is the next best option besides not adding new products at all.

                          MGM out
                          I think you should send in your resume then? The more the merrier

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheHeggy
                            Yeah, I've heard about their CMS, but that's been rumored for a few years now. Same with their gallery I think, though I've heard even less about that.

                            I honestly do NOT want to switch to IPB, but they are starting to overtake vB feature-wise with their new add ons. Some products haven't been released yet, but they actually have a page to generate interest, increase their appeal and to say "Hey, we're moving forward!".

                            While I love vBulletin, I'm eventually going to have to choose between the two if I want to increase the percieved desireability of my website. Sort of like choosing Linux over Windows - Linux is better, but Windows has more to offer. (Only an example! I don't want an OS debate )

                            I feel the customers here deserve at least a teaser of what's coming.
                            There can also be problems with expanding too fast. That said I look forward to new products coming from Jelsoft, I just hope that they don't take away from the current product (the forum software).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                              I think you should send in your resume then? The more the merrier
                              lol, I promised myself I wouldn't apply until I got into the top 20 posters

                              Although I may submit my resume if I ever got the hint from a staff member that they're thinking about me, but I highly doubt they'd hint me so I'll just wait until I've proven myself knowledgeable with vB

                              MGM out

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X