Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vtec44
    replied
    Is there really a need for Jelsoft to produce those products when they are already available, and integrate nicely? I was thinking about this the other day. If by officially being a product from Jelsoft, and we don't have to pay for it, then YES PLEASE! But since we'll have to pay for them, regardless if they're from Jelsoft or not, then I don't see the urgency for them other than bragging rights. Anyhow, that's just my thought

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Would vBulletin even think about bringing out an official Gallery or CMPS system now with vBadvanced already doing these two products as a 3rd party add-on for ages now. They might feel there is no need to do this because of the likes of vBadvanced and vBPortal.

Were IPB was concerned, I don't think there was another 3rd party creating a proper add-on like the Gallery or CMPS for there product, which really left them no choice but to create there own just to keep up with the likes of vBadvanced's add-ons.

I think I'm right in saying the "functions_online.php" file already has some gallery code in it - as though vB were planning to create a Gallery at some point.

Originally posted by MGM
    I would think that since they've already hired 2 new people, that these are the first clues that they're moving forward and about to work on or release something big. I mean, the current support staff was doing a great job, they obviously had another reason to hire another person (such as new products)

MGM out
    Another reason could simply be that over time some staff have left also, And they just need to get the numbers back up a little also. But you could also be right of course.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 29th Oct '05, 8:31pm.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Well Jelsoft appears to be hiring anyone who they think qualifies. But recently, it appears to be all vBulletin.org personnel . Brad, you're next

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    I think you should send in your resume then? The more the merrier
    lol, I promised myself I wouldn't apply until I got into the top 20 posters

Although I may submit my resume if I ever got the hint from a staff member that they're thinking about me, but I highly doubt they'd hint me so I'll just wait until I've proven myself knowledgeable with vB

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Brad.loo
    replied
    Originally posted by TheHeggy
    Yeah, I've heard about their CMS, but that's been rumored for a few years now. Same with their gallery I think, though I've heard even less about that.

I honestly do NOT want to switch to IPB, but they are starting to overtake vB feature-wise with their new add ons. Some products haven't been released yet, but they actually have a page to generate interest, increase their appeal and to say "Hey, we're moving forward!".

While I love vBulletin, I'm eventually going to have to choose between the two if I want to increase the percieved desireability of my website. Sort of like choosing Linux over Windows - Linux is better, but Windows has more to offer. (Only an example! I don't want an OS debate )

I feel the customers here deserve at least a teaser of what's coming.
    There can also be problems with expanding too fast. That said I look forward to new products coming from Jelsoft, I just hope that they don't take away from the current product (the forum software).

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    I think its the excellent support thats causing all the trouble... the staff is concentrating so hard on their support that the developers probably think they'll overwhelmed with more products... which is why hiring more people is the next best option besides not adding new products at all.

MGM out
    I think you should send in your resume then? The more the merrier

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    I like the 24hrs support, so that everyone can have their question(s) answered like we do in North America, quick and fast.
    I think its the excellent support thats causing all the trouble... the staff is concentrating so hard on their support that the developers probably think they'll overwhelmed with more products... which is why hiring more people is the next best option besides not adding new products at all.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    I like the 24hrs support, so that everyone can have their question(s) answered like we do in North America, quick and fast.

Leave a comment:

• Webnower
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    I would think that since they've already hired 2 new people, that these are the first clues that they're moving forward and about to work on or release something big. I mean, the current support staff was doing a great job, they obviously had another reason to hire another person (such as new products)

MGM out
    That's exactly what I was thinking too

I really don't want to see one of my favorite companies get overshadowed by anybody though, thus the reason for me creating this thread. vB is rock solid, a nearly flawless piece of software and has given our site nothing but quality performance. I think I'm just getting antsy waiting for the new stuff to be announced while the competitor's customers already know what's coming / already have it.

Maybe it's going to be a surprise?

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    A teaser always leads to something more.

If nothing else, I think that Jelsoft has been proving for the last few years that as soon as you think they're falling behind they beat you over the head with something that makes you ashamed you ever doubted them.

Leave a comment:

• Webnower
    replied
    Yeah, I've heard about their CMS, but that's been rumored for a few years now. Same with their gallery I think, though I've heard even less about that.

I honestly do NOT want to switch to IPB, but they are starting to overtake vB feature-wise with their new add ons. Some products haven't been released yet, but they actually have a page to generate interest, increase their appeal and to say "Hey, we're moving forward!".

While I love vBulletin, I'm eventually going to have to choose between the two if I want to increase the percieved desireability of my website. Sort of like choosing Linux over Windows - Linux is better, but Windows has more to offer. (Only an example! I don't want an OS debate )

I feel the customers here deserve at least a teaser of what's coming.
    Last edited by Webnower; Sat 29th Oct '05, 12:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew111888
    vBulletin has already told us they're making a content management system, blog, and (I believe) gallery.

They had to release 3.5 first, though, because 3.5 uses the plugin and hook system all of the above add-ons will use to make them very easy to install and easy to keep throughout upgrades.
    They could at least tell us whats on the horizon and give us time to save some $$$ to buy the new products.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    vBulletin has already told us they're making a content management system, blog, and (I believe) gallery.

They had to release 3.5 first, though, because 3.5 uses the plugin and hook system all of the above add-ons will use to make them very easy to install and easy to keep throughout upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• HeyJeeB
    replied
    I'd be interested in vBlog, vGallery and maybe a vMail for premium members

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X