Google's Next Target: eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's Next Target: eBay?

Well if they do go after eBay, SIGN ME UP!

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,123256,00.asp
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Google is just getting greedy now, they want everything, I hope they don't get after vbulliten .

Comment

Originally posted by Ritterz
      Google is just getting greedy now, they want everything, I hope they don't get after vbulliten .
      So you would rather give eBay full control? They've already driven Yahoo out of the game and now control parts of CraigsList. I'm glad Google is expanding into this market. EBay is the one getting a little to greedy if you ask me.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I'm sure google stock holders apperciate all this hype.

Comment

I like Google but I don't like it when they try and take over the world. With Adsence then Gmail then Googletalk, what's next?

Comment

I like Google but I don't like it when they try and take over the world. With Adsence then Gmail then Googletalk, what's next?
            Google seems to practice good business ethics along with providing excellent services, so where is the problem?
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
              Google seems to practice good business ethics along with providing excellent services, so where is the problem?
              I'm not saying it's a "problems" I'm just saying there greedy thats all mate.

Comment

I dont see a problem with that... generally the stuff they release is either better or does it differently than the current companies do. For example, Gmail. As soon as google stepped in with a gig of space, so did all of their competitors (with as much or nearly as much space being offered now). Then all of their competitors are starting to use AJAX and more javascript to make their email "programs" (forgot exact term) as fast as Gmail.

MGM out

Comment

Last I recall, Google is also working on a payment type system. There was talk of this over at WebHostingTalk.com. If you will search for 'googlemoney.com' I am sure you will be able to find the thread.

Google isn't being greedy, per se, they are simply expanding their business. I'm all for Google's expansion in different directions. I personally hate eBay and would rather see some competition.

Comment

I don't understand how they're greedy. They don't charge for using the search engine. They don't charge for Gmail. They don't charge for GoogleTalk. As far as I know advertisements are the only thing they charge for.

Comment

Personally, I wish Google would dry up and take Wal-Mart along with them.

I don't even use Google (never liked it's interface, and don't like memory hungry AJAX any better). Google doesn't spider enough (unlike Yahoo which would suck up pages without request) -- I'm not going to work to do Google's job.

So, Google drop off the face of the planet <-- I don't care.

Chris
                      "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                      is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I consider google to be about the only meaningful internet company the past five or some years. It`s the only company that has significantly upgraded practices wherever they have touched. It`s a bit frightening that they`re so good and combined with openmindedness they will be a competitor of whatever it`s worth competing over. They can`t live of creating risky new market segments, and they`ve done favours for many other actors (getting them to innovate) in the industry and I think it`s ok for them to get some of the safe cake.

Eventually Google will also dry up and become a corporated business without visions. I just hope they make a microsoft contender before their prime time is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Haakon
                          I consider google to be about the only meaningful internet company the past five or some years. It`s the only company that has significantly upgraded practices wherever they have touched. It`s a bit frightening that they`re so good and combined with openmindedness they will be a competitor of whatever it`s worth competing over. They can`t live of creating risky new market segments, and they`ve done favours for many other actors (getting them to innovate) in the industry and I think it`s ok for them to get some of the safe cake.

Eventually Google will also dry up and become a corporated business without visions. I just hope they make a microsoft contender before their prime time is up.
                          Some people claim that has already happened... even so, once Google becomes like that, another company will come in and act like Google did in its "glory days"

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                            Some people claim that has already happened... even so, once Google becomes like that, another company will come in and act like Google did in its "glory days"

MGM out
                            Well, it can be discussed. I think the thread subject here proves it`s still going strong though. If it should happen, I expect their classifieds solution to improve on ebay or any other such solution to the exstent you can`t recognize the similarities. It is heavily bloated today, with too simple search, I think Google can do this much better if they choose to. I also think they have many visionary solutions in the beta stage (gmail hasn`t even left it) or otherwise announced, like Google Earth or book scanning. The technology can be questioned ethically, but it is innovative.

Comment

I hope Google destroys eBay.
                              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X