No announcement yet.

why did you buy vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I first started as a co-admin on a phpBB board. We then went, and currently still run, a IPB board. Now I've made my own and I decided to use vB and see if I liked it. I can honestly say I like both IPB and vB equally, so far.

Comment

I had a website running that didnt have a forum, but i needed something to get the users talking. I downloaded a nulled copy of vbulletin, played around with it a bit, decided i liked it so i came on here and bought it. Best thing i have ever done for my website

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_i_BILL View Post
        Security
        Features
        Customer Support

Free Snickers Candy Bar.
        What. They gave you free candy bars....! Errr that's all I wanted from vBulletin . I bought it beccause I was tired of the 'noob' software *cough* *cough* phpbb.

I am more happy with vBulletin because of the security and features it has.

Comment

I'd tried most of the other forum boards, like CGi ones and PHP boards. Been through most of them to see what I thought before buying vBulletin.

I rate it the best above all the others boards out there.

Comment

I was running phpbb for a while and used it to get myself into the mindset of running a forum. Once i'd had it a while, I thought of little things that i felt phpbb could use - but hadn't got available. Members to my site had contributed money voluntarily and so i figured it only fair to give them something back. A better forum was my option.

I didn't really look around at others too much, so i did kind of jump in feet first, but i was impressed with the pre-sales department. After my purchase, i saw the support was equally good in the members area. A few months down the line i had a major issue going which required a ticket. I forget who exactly dealt with my ticket, but they responded within minutes and knew precisely what was what.
            My board was fixed within 'no time' and that convinced me i had made the right decision in my choice of software.
            VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
            No Addons - none at all.

Comment

The Elves made me do it...
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I bought it for the sole purpose of ease. It is easy to customize, mod, and administrate. The customer support is amazing too.

Comment

I found vBulletin easier to use on other forums than phpbb and other software.

I bought it because it was worth my money.

Comment

Couse it's the best.
                    Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                    Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                      Have you notice how beautiful vBulletin IS? The reason I bought it was because of the default Blue skin (yes is dumb) and the way the post look with the name on TOP!

All the forums that I had joined before were that other message board (the ugly one) but I never got a chance to joining and playing around with a vBulletin board until I got mine.

But that's the my main reason for buying vBulletin the default blue skin and the way the post look.

You can say I bought my vB for ME!

Why did you buy your vBulletin?
                      from the looks of ur website - looks like you've switched to phpbb
                      3D Resources - A list of resources for 3D Developers
                      After Effects Resources - A list of resources for design in motion with Adobe After Effects

Comment

Somebody told me im not a real man unless I bought it!

Comment

After the therapy i think im well enough to talk about this now.
                          Two members of my family were kidnapped....
                          I was told that the only way i could save them is if i bought VBulletin.

My dog and my bird are fine now.
                          3D Resources - A list of resources for 3D Developers
                          After Effects Resources - A list of resources for design in motion with Adobe After Effects

Comment

I bought it because all the cool kids have it!
                            So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

i bought it for my site, im still working on it and all, first i had the ForumCity forum in use, then one of my friends made me switch to Invisionfree.. then after a few months of using it, i was secretly plotting in advancing up to the big boys' forum.
                              My Web Comic Please Vote

please vote for my comic, it'd mean the world to me.

Comment

Because I tested a null on my server and an legal IPB on my server & I preferred vBulletin so I brought it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X