No announcement yet.

why did you buy vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed most of my favorite sites started using vBulletin. The hacks used with vBulletin are out of this would, so I looked into vBulletin more and ended up buying a few licenses. vBulletin in one of a few softwares thats worth the money .
    Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

Mainly because it's the best forum software I've used and others don't compare

Comment

I would NEVER pay! Its a rip of kinda.

Comment

Go to UBBCentral.com and have a look at the pricing.

UBB.Classic (Perl) (Owned License)
          199 for 1 Year (199/year)
          475 for 5 years (95/year)
          699 for 10 years (69.9/year)

UBB Threads (PHP) (Owned License)
          229 for 1 year (229/year)
          499 for 5 years (99.8/year)
          725 for 10 years (72.5.year)

vBulletin (PHP) (Owned License)
          160 for 1 Year (160/year)
          280 for 5 years (50/year)
          430 for 10 years (43/year)

Note for vBulletin, I made the ASSUMPTION you renewed your download access exactly at the same time every year you bought your license at $30.00/year for new download access. This technically isn't as accurate as owned license owners can choose WHEN to purchase download access. Some people never pay it and stick with their original pricing ($160.00 for the rest of their life) and some don't even bother paying until the next major release happens, which only brought their cost up to $220 total for a period of 4 years (55/year)....

So I don't THINK you have the RIGHT to say it's a rip because this is FAR from a RIP off.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Addie
            Why are you in this board?
            Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I totally agree. It is a total waste of money if you have no long term plans for your forum, or don't have a clue on what kind of forum to start, or don't have a job yet to pay for your own stuff...
              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Remember where you came in? It is also for used for LEAVING.

Comment

It was worth every penny, its stable, fast, customizable, has incrediable support (typically the questions are answered in the forum before I need to ask) and the reason I got it, is more secure than free option.

I had a forum get hacked before the patch to fix the hole came out. Nothing is more frusterating. Worse than the effort to get it back up was that my users were now not as comfortable as they once were, and posted significantly less. Moving to a quality board help me earn that trust back.

Worth every penny.

Comment

One of the 2 people beside me who had access to the server deleted my UBB board after I refused to switch over to vB back in those days.

I bought my license after that incident.

Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Mijae

Figures.

Age is not the primary factor in competence. Not all the time anyways.

Compared to other software even outside of the forum world I'd say its very cost effective. Photoshop-700$ or so. EvoArticles (CMS)-250$, etc.

Comment

TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Because expensive LOL
                          Expats Of Turkey

Comment

I cbanged because i think vb is alot better then the board i was using ( invasion lol)
                            most hacks are more harder to do in invasion board then it is compared to vb.

and i just like the look of vb. and it was the best choice i made switching to vb and getting rid of invasion

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                              Have you notice how beautiful vBulletin IS? The reason I bought it was because of the default Blue skin (yes is dumb) and the way the post look with the name on TOP!

All the forums that I had joined before were that other message board (the ugly one) but I never got a chance to joining and playing around with a vBulletin board until I got mine.

But that's the my main reason for buying vBulletin the default blue skin and the way the post look.

You can say I bought my vB for ME!

Why did you buy your vBulletin?
                              The reason I bought vBulletin is because after trying out the rest it was the obvious choice. Security, support, performance, features, community, etc.

There simply isn't anything else that beats it. So why settle for secondbest?

Comment

Yeah, it is the best, most people in here will agree on that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X