why did you buy vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did you buy vBulletin?

Have you notice how beautiful vBulletin IS? The reason I bought it was because of the default Blue skin (yes is dumb) and the way the post look with the name on TOP!

All the forums that I had joined before were that other message board (the ugly one) but I never got a chance to joining and playing around with a vBulletin board until I got mine.

But that's the my main reason for buying vBulletin the default blue skin and the way the post look.

You can say I bought my vB for ME!

Why did you buy your vBulletin?
    Last edited by xjuliox; Sat 22nd Oct '05, 12:53pm.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Its what our users wanted. They paid for it...not me. It is my favorite forum software though.

Comment

Some people don't like the default skin. I think it's clean and professional, not the main reason I bought it though.
      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

I bought it because it looked good, was a professional package, and provided excellent Customer Support

Comment

I got it because of it's powerful features and its ability to be extremely customized.

I don't like the default style very much, so that definitely wasn't a selling point for me (even though I was here before this style ).

Comment

I've never registered on a vBulliten forum before. I registered on vBulliten's website and I found it very usefull, then I talked to some friends who owned vBulliten forum and they said it's brillaint so I bought it.

I love it!

Comment

Security
              Features
              Customer Support

Free Snickers Candy Bar.

Comment

Because paid software is normally better than free software as in support

Comment

At the time, I bought it because I didn't know of the alternatives, paid or free. After that, I continued to pay because it was not logistically possible to convert my site, so I had little choice (plus member donations paid after that point).
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

The first time I ever heard of vBulletin, I loved it. So I saved up for a leased license, then two days later, I had enough money to upgrade to an owned license!

Before buying vB, I used several other BBS, such as ProBoards, phpBB and IPB. And while I still use IPB, I must say that vB seems to have more stock features.
                    Last edited by Quillz; Wed 4th Oct '06, 8:36am.
                    Forums

Comment

I used proboards when I first got a pc, was very good. Definitly recommend their free forums if your a n00b.

Comment

I got it because other good sites I liked had it, and it felt good to use.
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Did massive comparisons between all the boards (and still do today), phpBB, IPB, vBulletin, UBB, etc., and well, vBulletin came out on top in terms of support, features, price, reliability, and overall usability
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The more and more I play around in ACP the more and more I love vBulletin. I like the way vBulletin puts uploaded files by the member ID of the member that uploaded the files.
                            Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

when IPB went to payed-only i decided to go with vbulletin. i knew vbulletin from several forums i was a member of and i really liked the interface.
                              selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X