Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween is right around the corner...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Halloween is right around the corner...

    The chit-chat forum is looking pretty scarce for good topics as of lately. Unless, of course, you like to argue over the validity and quality of song lyrics.

    So...I am curious...

    What do ya'll do?
    What are the kids going as?
    What are you going as?
    Do you hand out candy?
    Do you still trick or treat?

    I love Halloween. As usual, I will dress up as the Grim Reaper and take my "now" seven-year-old trick or treating. She is dressing up as a fairy this year. I really like the fruit flavored tootsie rolls.

  • #2
    Dunno about the kids, but I haven't decided what I'll be going as!!

    I am starting to find myself like ren-fairs more and more so perhaps I'll do that on halloween instead. Come to think of it, thats a good idea!!

    I don't hand out candy as I am usually out and my grandmother can't really get to the door to do it.

    -- how about haunted houses? I love them! There are some good ones in PA but im in NYC and thats a drive I wont have time to make this year.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm thinking of pulling out my $120 lightsaber and going as a Jedi at school. I dont trick or treat, but I think it'd be fun to just walk around the neighborhood with my lightsaber glowing and making sounds, and chasing after anyone that looks even remotely similar to a Dark Jedi

      Don't have kids (as I'm 19), and my parents might hand out candy... maybe...

      MGM out

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MGM
        I'm thinking of pulling out my $120 lightsaber and going as a Jedi at school. I dont trick or treat, but I think it'd be fun to just walk around the neighborhood with my lightsaber glowing and making sounds, and chasing after anyone that looks even remotely similar to a Dark Jedi

        Don't have kids (as I'm 19), and my parents might hand out candy... maybe...

        MGM out
        If you do this, film it, you could be more famous than this guy...

















































        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by free thinker
          If you do this, film it, you could be more famous than this guy...

          .... I now hate you.

          MGM out

          Comment


          • #6
            What do ya'll do?
            Carve Jack O' Lanterns, take the kids Trick or Treating. Thinking about making popcorn balls and we have harvest stew for dinner. Should be getting our pig back from the butcher so it needs to be blessed and put into the freezer (it was blessed before death as well)


            What are the kids going as?
            Youngest - Hermione Granger, Middle - Red Power Ranger, Oldest - "Something Scary"

            What are you going as?
            A concerned father with a big black labrador retriever and a 15 inch steel flashlight.

            Do you hand out candy?
            Yes, we hand out candy.

            Do you still trick or treat?
            No... I just help the kids eat theirs over the year.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

            Comment


            • #7
              I stopped trick or treating 2 years ago. This year I'll hand out candy.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm rather tempted to pull a few tricks out of my sleeve on the guests...


                Oct 28 - gonna be at my old middle's school annual Halloween Carnival giving away some EA goodies
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                Comment


                • #9
                  As we don't have Halloween (well at least not in the way you have it) here in Germany I have to get me candies myself

                  I guess I'll be home watching 'Halloween' the movie
                  That's the end of that!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The family and I just went to an Apple Orchard last weekend. It was real fun. We went on a hayride out to the middle of the orchard. Then we picked some golden delicious, red delicious, fuji, and couple other kids that I can't remember. The kid rode some rides.

                    Then we ate lunch which consisted of four parts:
                    1. chili dogs, with relish and onion and mustard
                    2. fresh donuts
                    3. fresh apple cider
                    4. and bowel troubles...

                    We came home and made carmel apples and homemade apple pie. The pie is gone and the apples are frozen, will probably throw them out next month. LOL

                    I live in the midwest, anybody else have apple orchards around?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MGM
                      I'm thinking of pulling out my $120 lightsaber and going as a Jedi at school. I dont trick or treat, but I think it'd be fun to just walk around the neighborhood with my lightsaber glowing and making sounds, and chasing after anyone that looks even remotely similar to a Dark Jedi

                      Don't have kids (as I'm 19), and my parents might hand out candy... maybe...

                      MGM out
                      Hes actually very famous now and has been seeing a psychiatrist and is seeking money as damages after his unwanted fame that his friends brought him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's a joke in the UK. Generally rude little kids going round demanding sweets, and if they don't get what they want, they damage your property. Also I happen to live on a road where a lot of elderely people live in bungalows. A lady who lives on her own across the road from me was telling me how she gets scared every year, after two years kids started pelting her windows with stones when she didn't answer.
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dean C
                          It's a joke in the UK. Generally rude little kids going round demanding sweets, and if they don't get what they want, they damage your property. Also I happen to live on a road where a lot of elderely people live in bungalows. A lady who lives on her own across the road from me was telling me how she gets scared every year, after two years kids started pelting her windows with stones when she didn't answer.
                          Yeah thats what it is, they go out and actually think thats what theyre meant to do. I remember when I was younger grownups used to say stuff like "so how many did you get" and they meant how many people did I manage to egg. Oh well, time to see what blackpool is like at halloween this year

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by patriotcow
                            Yeah thats what it is, they go out and actually think thats what theyre meant to do. I remember when I was younger grownups used to say stuff like "so how many did you get" and they meant how many people did I manage to egg. Oh well, time to see what blackpool is like at halloween this year
                            Yeah I used to go trick or treating when I was about 8-11 and I was polite, everyone in the neighbourhood knew the kids who'd be going trick or treating and I used to love getting all the sweets and stuff. I distinctly remember when it all changed. I was going round with my best friend and we went to part of the neighbourhood we weren't particularly familiar with, and a group of kids older than us came running towards us with eggs, so we ran back to our area.

                            Then later that night we went to a bungalow and it was an old lady. We knocked the door, she came to it, and we said "trick or treat", and she just looked at us and didn't say anything, whilst looking scared. I took of my mask, and apologised to her and made my way back home.

                            I never went again after that night.
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What do ya'll do?
                              Hopefully not get attacked back as I go causing nuisance and havoc in the nearby town ........ Or I'll be in the pub
                              What are the kids going as?
                              Dunno - What kids?
                              What are you going as?
                              A disgruntled 20 year old with a bag full of eggs and flour
                              Do you hand out candy?
                              What's candy?
                              Do you still trick or treat?
                              I despise the whole notion of trick or treat - I throw stones at people who come anywhere near my door on halloween when I am in

                              Chris

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X