Video iPod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video iPod

Rumors were flying recently that today Apple was going to release a new iPod that featured video support. Rumors are true. The new iPod features a larger screen, thinner body, and more battery life. I must say the biggest feature I see is video out and being able to carry a DVD collection in my pocket.

http://apple.com/store

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Damn Apple. This is the first time I've bought a consumer electronics device only to sell it months later to get its next version. I love the idea of being able to take all 14 episodes of Firefly with me wherever I go. I'll need to reencode them and my tons of Family Guy and Futurama episodes, too (yes, all ripped from my own copies of the DVD sets).
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
      Damn Apple. This is the first time I've bought a consumer electronics device only to sell it months later to get its next version. I love the idea of being able to take all 14 episodes of Firefly with me wherever I go. I'll need to reencode them and my tons of Family Guy and Futurama episodes, too (yes, all ripped from my own copies of the DVD sets).
      Firefly > All

I may get a video iPod... certainly interests me if I can carry my DVD collections to watch on the go...

MGM out

Comment

Good thing I waited on getting the nano... I'll be purchasing today the black, 60 gig iPod. Is this the new fifth generation, or just another release of the fourth generation?
        Forums

Comment

Definitely the fifth generation. It probably has a completely different processor, almost certainly paired with a dedicated video decoder. It's not even the same form factor.

Comment

Anybody got any idea of the battery life playing video?
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
              Anybody got any idea of the battery life playing video?
              60GB - upto 3 hours video
              30GB - upto 2 hours video

I might sell my old 40GB 4th Gen ipod and buy a 60GB video instead.

Too bad the TV shows are a US only thing though.
              Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

That's fairly low, but I bet it's because of the backlight as much as the processor and hard drive usage. It may be improved through firmware which Apple has done before (not dramatically, but still).

Comment

i guess you can have video podcasts now as well

Comment

Yes... and my birthday's roughly a month away. Sweet treat for me!
                    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by fire27
                      i guess you can have video podcasts now as well
                      Yes, combine the uselessness of audio podcasts with the battery-draining features of video!

(I haven't found any good podcasts)

Comment

Interesting.. None of my DVD movies will look good on it though. I only by Widescreen Aspect DVDs so a lot of the screen space will be lost. Seems interesting. In my opinion, it would be more for carrying movies to other locations and hooking it up to an external monitor than watching movies off the small screen it gives.

Especially since you will need a power adaptor to watch some of the better movies available.. Lord of the Rings Extended versions anyone?
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I am really digging the video aspect but I may just wait for a 2nd gen video ipod. I would want a larger screen w/ better resolution.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I've found a few that I like. I enjoy listening to iTunes New Music and This Week in Tech.
                            Forums

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                              Yes, combine the uselessness of audio podcasts with the battery-draining features of video!

(I haven't found any good podcasts)
                              Steve Pavlina's Personal Development Blog - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...st?id=79828762

Give that a try... he has very formative podcasts/blog entries.
                              Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X