Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one else has used YaBB except me?

Wow.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

I think it was called BoardPower or PowerBoard, can't remember. I've beeing using vB since the Lite version

Comment

IkonBoard > IPB > vB.
        Kim

Comment

I was using IB (yes, the one before it was IPB ) when I won a license from Cary here. And I've been running vB ever since.

Comment

ProBoards, InvisionFree, IPB, and finally vBulletin... and I'm staying with it.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
              WWIV as in the dial up BBS software?
              Yep!
              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                No one else has used YaBB except me?

Wow.
                Nah, I used it aswell. Twas nice and... simple
                A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

I used Invision FREE,Pro boards, PHPBB, MYBB and NOW VBULLETIN

in that order
                  Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I used a few..

Proboards, Invision Board, Woltlab Burning Board, YaBB SE

Oh, we ran on a home-made BBS for a little bit too, until we sold the script.

Comment

Been with phpBB before.. but it wouldn't scale enough.. so it went out and vB came in!

Comment

I used UBB think it was 5.44 when i started, did the upgrade to 6 though but was far from happy as there seemed to be a release at least once a week which became a pain for fairly large hacked board. I stumbled upon vbulletin and noticed that 90% of the hacks I had been doing were standard feature so I downloaded a pirate version and upgraded my test board and was so impressed with how easy it was to do I bought a licence and upgraded my board as soon as i could. I was shocked at how easy it was to import everything over, it took me about an hour to do yet which is a lot quicker than it took me to upgrade from ubb 5 to 6!

There have been a few times I have been tempted to move to other software but nothing i can find comes close to the standard of the admincp in vb

Comment

Went from UBB to vBulletin 1.1.x for a short time, then vB 2.x

UBB was a nightmare for hacking - loads of perl stuff I didn't understand, and installing other peoples hacks sometimes ended up with a corrupt forum - even after uploading the original files again.

*ahh the days*
                          HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                          -
                          Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

phpBB > IPB > vB

Never looked back either.
                            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

UBB and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
                                Yep!

So you made the transition from a dial up BBS to web forum?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X