What did you use before vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you use before vBulletin?

This thread isn't intended to be used to bash or compare vB to other BBS products. I'm just curious as to what BBS product(s) everyone used before migrating to vB.

For me, I'm fairly new to all this, with my first ProBoard being created back in 2003. Someone got my first PB taken down, so I started a second one in 2004. About three months later, I left the service, and then bounced around from tons of diff. remotely hosted services. (Most which were IPB or phpBB.) Finally, around early 2005, I got some quality free hosting, and was running IPB 2.0.0. Over the summer, I switched hosts and bought an IPB license. Once I finally got some money saved up, I got my owned vB license!
    Forums

Pretty much anything that was popular at that time

phpBB, IPB, WBB, ThWboard, XMB (sp?), ...
    That's the end of that!

Comment

YaBB
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

UBB (or ubb.classic as it's called now)

Comment

We went from a custom forum software ---> UBB ---> vBulletin
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

html I've always had a forum, never really a website.

My first forum was a hostile take over of another forum.

Comment

WWIV, wwwthreads, UBB, then now VB
              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

UBB way back when, then phpBB and finally to XMB. At the time though, XMB was young, contained many bugs and the developers were rather childish in many ways. I am not sure how the software has progressed, though I am glad to see it is still around; it's really not that bad.

I am happy to have made a move to vBulletin oh so long ago though .

Comment

InsideTheWeb, EZBoard, vBulletin.

Comment

I used a pirated vB for a while back in the yay old days, before the guy that was hosting me let his domain go because he couldn't be arsed with it anymore.

When i bought my first domain, it had an auto set-up thing for XMB, so i used that. it was waaaay buggy though, eventually my hosts put up an auto-install for phpBB too, and used that for a while.

when i switched hosts i tried out a few forums, phpBB, IPB etc.

Eventually bought a vB licence because even though i tried many other forums, nothing compared to vB.

Comment

UBB Lite, UBB Classic v5, vB Lite, vB1, vB2, vB3

Comment

WebBBS

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
                          WWIV, wwwthreads, UBB, then now VB
                          WWIV as in the dial up BBS software?

Comment

Insidetheweb and a few other remotely hosted solutions, wwwboard, anyboard and then VB.

Comment

WWWBoard (yikes!) -> Ikonboard -> IPB -> vB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X