Downgrading from IE7 to IE6.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrading from IE7 to IE6.

Does anyone know how I can downgrade from IE7 to IE6? I really don't care for IE7 all that much, and it messes up Trillian Pro. Is it possible to just uninstall IE7 and re-install IE6?
    Forums

If you did it very recently, do a System Restore. If it wasn't recently, you're likely out of luck given how IE entrenches and digs its claws into the roots of Windows.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Alright... Well, I'll just wait for IE7 to hit final then. I assume I can upgrade from that.
      Forums

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
        If you did it very recently, do a System Restore. If it wasn't recently, you're likely out of luck given how IE entrenches and digs its claws into the roots of Windows.
        Man, you got a laugh out of me for that one... thanks.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Just ininstall IE7,run REG SEEKER Let it clean your old keys,then you should be able to re-install IE6 (Much better)

Reg seeker is the BEST reg cleaner i have ever found.....1st time i used it,itr removed over 800 keys!!!! Very good!

Good luck

Comment

Where do I get IE7 from?

Comment

It's a Beta for MS subscribers only, I think.

It's also SP2-only too.

Comment

Go into add remove programs, make sure the show updates box is clicked and then simply remove it, will then need to redownload ie6 rom microsoft.com in order to reinstall that

Comment

I got it off BitTorrent, illegally of course. It's honestly not worth the download. It's basicially just IE6 with tabs. You might as well use Maxthon.
                  Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Martyjp
                    Go into add remove programs, make sure the show updates box is clicked and then simply remove it, will then need to redownload ie6 rom microsoft.com in order to reinstall that
                    Thanks! It worked perfectly.
                    Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                      I got it off BitTorrent, illegally of course. It's honestly not worth the download. It's basicially just IE6 with tabs. You might as well use Maxthon.
                      It is only a beta as well. An early beta at that.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking for Beta 2, to see if anything has actually changed.
                        Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                          YES ANOTHER MAXTHON/MYIE2 USER!!!

MyIE2 rules!!!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X