Share user registration across web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share user registration across web site

(FYI, posted this in the 3.5 How Do I? forum, too.)

Looking for some hints on how to go about sharing my user registration from vBulletin with multiple "functions" within my site? I believe this may be beyond my capabilities, so I am probably looking to get smart enough to engage help efficiently. But if there's a paint-by-numbers option, I'm game.

More detail...

I am hugely thrilled with vBulletin, and getting a start toward a great BB was phase 1 of my web site plan. That's why I scrapped the lousy board software in some of the packaged solutions and went with vBulletin. But now on to phase 2 for the site...

Need to deploy some form of blog software next (must accomodate multiple bloggers), and probably shortly thereafter some sort of content management stuff, too. Want there to be just one user registration, and the resulting user identity to be available for use across the blog and any password-protected areas of the content management system.

Are there any specific packages that provide those functions and integrate well with vBulletin? Is there a specific feature description that I want that makes this easy? I know the other software will need to be able to use MySQL, but anything more specific? Any thoughts on the scope of effort and skill set for a hired gun, and/or how to engage one?

Thanks.

include global.php is your friend
    best to ask at .org though as they deal more with that kind of stuff

Comment

OK. Heading that way. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-SWJ
        Looking for some hints on how to go about sharing my user registration from vBulletin with multiple "functions" within my site? I believe this may be beyond my capabilities, so I am probably looking to get smart enough to engage help efficiently. But if there's a paint-by-numbers option, I'm game.

More detail...

I am hugely thrilled with vBulletin, and getting a start toward a great BB was phase 1 of my web site plan. That's why I scrapped the lousy board software in some of the packaged solutions and went with vBulletin. But now on to phase 2 for the site...

Need to deploy some form of blog software next (must accomodate multiple bloggers), and probably shortly thereafter some sort of content management stuff, too. Want there to be just one user registration, and the resulting user identity to be available for use across the blog and any password-protected areas of the content management system.

Are there any specific packages that provide those functions and integrate well with vBulletin? Is there a specific feature description that I want that makes this easy? I know the other software will need to be able to use MySQL, but anything more specific? Any thoughts on the scope of effort and skill set for a hired gun, and/or how to engage one?
        I think this sounds very much like what vB Drupal does
        vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

Working...
        X