iPod nano question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod nano question...

I'm sure this is obvious, but I want to know for sure. Does the nano function exactly like the shuffle, in the sense that it's really a portable USB flash drive? In other words, can I put actual data files on it, and not just music, like the 20/60 gig iPod?
    Forums

AFAIK, all the iPods will show up as a removable device in My Computer, if you have iTunes and if it is configured to allow it.

You can put data files on it, it just won't function like flash drives function.
    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

No....it is not a removeable usb drive

Comment

I do not believe so, at least as a USB Mass Storage Device. Only the full-sized iPod and possibly the Mini do that intentionally.

The iPod Mini and full-sized iPod can also mount as Firewire drives. Firewire > USB 2 given it's less bound by the CPU.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
          I'm sure this is obvious, but I want to know for sure. Does the nano function exactly like the shuffle, in the sense that it's really a portable USB flash drive? In other words, can I put actual data files on it, and not just music, like the 20/60 gig iPod?
          Data files CAN but put on the normal iPods (20GB, 60GB, etc) aside from Music. I've done this plenty of times with my 40GB iPod.

The iPod shows up as a Removable Disk in My Computer, and you can drag + drop data on to it.

I believe the Nano works the same way.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

Alright, well I'm still getting the 60 gig. Don't see much point in limiting myself to a 4 gig nano.
            Forums

Comment

I don't know if this will help much, but my internal storage on my iPhone showes up just like my external storage did on my BlackBerry...

You could copy and paste the files directory to the phone (even though its internal), or sync it....

http://www.joegronlund.com/personal/iPhone/1.png

http://www.joegronlund.com/personal/iPhone/2.png

http://www.joegronlund.com/personal/iPhone/3.png
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

yeh just put data files on it

Comment

A little off-topic, but I've always had good luck cleaning my electronics with rubbing alcohol. Try using that on the stain, as it might be able to lift it. If not, you could try more specialized solutions like iKlear or i-Drops, but I don't know how well they work.
                  Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X