This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris M
    I can't remember who stated it, but it was mentioned that 3.6 would work on improving the user interface, not the admin features which have been improved with 3.5

They may make the plugin system better and add a few tweaks here and there, but 3.6 from what I understand it will try and bring more features over to the User side with 3.6

Chris
    Quite interesting... that will be a much needed upgrade then

MGM out

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...47&postcount=2

Just posted.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
        What did it say? It shows an invalid link...
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

wow..thats wierd...

Anyways it was Scott McVicar. He said

"3.6 will focus on extending the user features and enahnce the plug-in archicture"

Soemthing liek that. That thread got deleted. I think cause some of the odler members flameda guy asking about vb 4.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JSUT BE HAPPY?"
          and the nsomeone said this would drive off prospective customers and then it got closed and now it is gone....hmm...

Comment

What can be added to vbulletin for the next major release?

1- Allow me to serve the avatars at another server. Maybe i lke to use a celeron 512mb 50 doalr server for that purpose
            2- Blogs definetly either as a new feature or an addon that i can buy, i am ready to pay.

Thats what i can think about for now
            http://www.turkforum.net

Comment

Originally posted by turkforum
              1- Allow me to serve the avatars at another server. Maybe i lke to use a celeron 512mb 50 doalr server for that purpose
              Right, add a feature that only 1 out of 500.000 customers use.

Comment

Originally posted by Icheb
                Right, add a feature that only 1 out of 500.000 customers use.
                Maybe not many vB customers use performance options, but almost every vB customer wants their forum to get really active, and once it becomes active, they will then want to handle the load
                vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

Originally posted by tamarian
                  Maybe not many vB customers use performance options, but almost every vB customer wants their forum to get really active, and once it becomes active, they will then want to handle the load
                  Funny, every site I visit that uses remotely hosted avatars is slower and less responsive than sites that host them on the same server. Extra load on custom avatars stored in the filesystem should be pretty much negligible. The only conceivable benefit would be bandwidth savings.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Great new, guys: 3.6.0 is released.
                    $post[signature]

Comment

come again?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X