X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Loyalty4Life
    So is it okay to put music files from a CD your own to an MP3 player?
    Of course it is! Where do you think most people get their iPod music from? More than half of the music on my shuffle right now is from CDs that I've uploaded...

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    So is it okay to put music files from a CD your own to an MP3 player?

Leave a comment:

• Bema Jinn
    replied
    Dunno about over there, but on all the disks i've seen it says:

Do not make Illegal coppies of this disk.

Seeing as it's legal to back up your own CD's (AFAIK) then you can legally copy it for your own personal use.

This is in the UK anyway, and i could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    Hey loyalty4life

I asked this question of some copyright experts over on my site and one person commented;

I am familiar with the rule that you can make a backup copy of a music CD that you own, solely for your own you.
    ... to which the expert replied;

Not true! The majority of CD's carry the warning:
    Copyright subsists in all recordings issued under this label. Any unauthorised broadcasting, public performance,
    copying or re-recording, lending or hiring in any manner whatsoever will consititute infringement of such copyright.
    Legally, he should seek permission from the Copyright holder (usually the company that recorded it) of the CD before he can make any copies - but when was the last time anyone did that eh!
    Hope this helps sir...

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Zonex
    im not writing a school paper
    im posting on a message board

sorry that you are unable to understand writing without proper grammer and sentence structure
    If your post is for the majority difficult to understand because of your structure and grammar, then I think it'd be a good idea to fix a few things. I'm not looking to make you mad. Just an honest suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    im not writing a school paper
    im posting on a message board

sorry that you are unable to understand writing without proper grammer and sentence structure

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    TMM, your link just talked about basically music sheets and band-related things. I am talking about what we can and cannot do with our own music CD's. I just need a straightforward answer, and some proof of the answer is always nice, as well.

Zonex, I don't understand your post. Not to be rude, but if you could use proper grammar and sentence structure it would make it much easier to read and comprehend.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    Originally posted by Loyalty4Life
    May I ask you to expound on your answer? How do you know this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Home_Recording_Act

what i meant by yes to all is you CAN do
    one of ur questions needed a cant to be true
    Last edited by Zonex; Wed 28th Sep '05, 6:31pm.

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    How about allowing guests to view or giving us a login
    Damn.... I thought I had enabled guest viewing... sorry.

You should be able to view and read the article now, sorry for the mistoooook...

PS: please let me know what you think of the article and note I have enabled guest rating of articles... please would you feel free to exercise your priviledge. Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Not all of it. I would assume something like $0.75 does, and the other $0.25 goes to Apple, naturally.

Leave a comment:

• Incendium
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz
    Secondly, if you buy a song off of iTunes, it's legal...
    Because the money is going to the artist/publisher/etc.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    While I'm not condoning illegal activity here, honestly, who would find out? To begin with, a computer is private property, and authorities would need a search warrant, just like anything else. Secondly, if you buy a song off of iTunes, it's legal...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    How about allowing guests to view or giving us a login

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    I hope you don't mind if I jump in here and point you over to a fantastic article (I would say that wouldn't I???) on all aspects of Music Copyright etc.

It is what I term my "tMP Copyright FAQ and Information Fact Sheet"

Hope it helps... please let me know if it does.

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Zonex
    yes to all
    May I ask you to expound on your answer? How do you know this?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X