why you should NOT buy an ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kathy
    I just bought an ipod. Thrilled. Very pleased with the features and how I'll be able to use it.

But then I'm an apple gal.
    Ipods are not worth the money. Only social fad and I wouldnt be surprised kids buy it because they dont know any better or just want one because everyone has one.

Irivers kick ipods in every sense possible for the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant++
      Ipods are not worth the money. Only social fad and I wouldnt be surprised kids buy it because they dont know any better or just want one because everyone has one.

well said man. but with slight correction, comparatively Irivers are cheaper yet better than ipod.

if you really ask people why would you buy an ipod? they can't really give a strong reason for it. a lot of them say, oh well, its sleek, fashionable, everyone has it. (and i'm so stubborn and ignorant to explore options and i don't really care if i'm letting more $$$ out of my pocket for an inferior prodcut)!

Comment

In my experience, iRiver has a somewhat complex user interface. For $299, I could get a 20 gig iPod with a Click Wheel (which I find very easy to use), or, for the same price, I could get the 20 gig iRiver H10. While I do agree that iRiver has some great things going for it, for me, I just didn't like the interface, size or weight of the iRiver. I was going to get it, but I just think the iPod is more for me, just because it fits my needs better.
        Forums

Comment

For $299, I could get a 20 gig iPod with a Click Wheel
          You could get a Zen Nomad 60GB for around the same price.
          I really don't see why everyone loves iPod's.
          Anyway, I love my Zen Mico and I would suggest to anyone buying an mp3 player to look at other products than iPod's.

Comment

I wrote a whole article on why ipods suck, and even ran a site about it for a while

Comment

So don't buy an iPod if you don't like it.

The fact of the matter is that most iPod users, myself included, are very happy with their purchase. If those who "hate" iPods are trying to instill buyer's remorse, you're failing, at least for me.
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I looked at many other products, and for my above reasons, have decided to go with the iPod (or nano.) Believe me, the Zen Touch and iRiver H10 are great products, but, as I've already mentioned, for me, it was all about portability and ease-of-use. I don't have a lot of music, so I don't need a lot of space. (Even 4 gigs is overkill for me.)
                Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Blaminator
                  I wrote a whole article on why ipods suck, and even ran a site about it for a while
                  What a waste of your life.

Ipods are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1

The fact of the matter is that most iPod users, myself included, are very happy with their purchase. If those who "hate" iPods are trying to instill buyer's remorse, you're failing, at least for me.
                    Precisely.

It's really just a preference one way or another. I do not see what the big deal is.
                    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

I don't see much wrong with iPods in a technical sense, it's just the price thats overboard.

You could buy a proper hi-fi for the price of an iPod. >.>

Comment

Well, I have a 20 GB iPod, it has every song I own on it, and I'm very satisfied with it.

It's quick and easy to use. I'm sure there's other mp3 players that have more features and whatever, but yeah.

I don't quite follow the whole, "Don't buy and iPod because I don't like them" mindset here. If you don't want one, don't buy one. If you do want one, buy one. What's the problem?
                        Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster
                          That's why I've waited patiently for 5 folk to complete offers at *********.com so that I can get my freebie!
                          Exactly what I did.

Got me a 20GB iPod, a 40GB iPod Photo, and a 1GB iPod Shuffle.
                          :)

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant++

You quoted me so I need to return the favor.

This made me laugh out loud. I'm probably older than most here at vb.com.

I'm 49....but love the notion that I might be a kid just buying it because of the social fad of it all.
                            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

If those who "hate" iPods are trying to instill buyer's remorse, you're failing, at least for me.
                              I don't have anything wrong with the iPod per se... I don't like the fact that you are restricted to one online music store but the hardware itself is pretty solid. All my purchased music is in WMA format so the iPod is not an option at this time. If I were to purchase one, it would require hours upon hours of copying music to CDs and re-encoding them to MP3 at high bit rates to try and compensate for the corruption introduced by transferring it to CD-Audio.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                                I don't have anything wrong with the iPod per se... I don't like the fact that you are restricted to one online music store but the hardware itself is pretty solid. All my purchased music is in WMA format so the iPod is not an option at this time. If I were to purchase one, it would require hours upon hours of copying music to CDs and re-encoding them to MP3 at high bit rates to try and compensate for the corruption introduced by transferring it to CD-Audio.
                                It would be interesting if third-party firmware was developed that would allow playback of both formats (restricted AAC and WMA), although I seriously doubt that will happen. It wouldn't surprise me of decoding restricted WMA files requires hardware access in portable music players.
                                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X