No announcement yet.

why you should NOT buy an ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize iPods don't support .wma. That means I can't listen to the Windows Welcome Music on my iPod... I couldn't care less, though, since I have much less than 4 gigs of music in the first place, and the iPod nano is just what I've been after.
    Forums

Comment

simply put, i wouldn't buy it. not today, not tomorrow. period.
      Ok.

Doesn't really change my needs or whether or not I would purchase one at some point.
      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
        I didn't realize iPods don't support .wma. That means I can't listen to the Windows Welcome Music on my iPod...
        I didn't realize .wma meant Windows Welcome Music!

besides looking good and being small, there's nothing in ipod that really stands out.
        see, i want the most out of my money, i'm not going for it just because it looks cool, or just so i can show it off.. or say, ooohh.. look at me.. i got an ipod.
        is it a fashion accessory? totally.
        serious digital music player? NO way!

Comment

Originally posted by tinjon
          I didn't realize .wma meant Windows Welcome Music!

besides looking good and being small, there's nothing in ipod that really stands out.
          see, i want the most out of my money, i'm not going for it just because it looks cool, or just so i can show it off.. or say, ooohh.. look at me.. i got an ipod.
          is it a fashion accessory? totally.
          serious digital music player? NO way!
          .wma doesn't mean Windows Welcome Music... It's just a format of music that generally only plays with Windows Media Player or some other player that usually works only with Windows. It's pretty obvious, then, why the iPod doesn't work with the format.
          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
            I didn't realize iPods don't support .wma. That means I can't listen to the Windows Welcome Music on my iPod... I couldn't care less, though, since I have much less than 4 gigs of music in the first place, and the iPod nano is just what I've been after.
            I believe if you import the WMA file into iTunes, it will be converted into a format (MP3 I think) that the iPod can play.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Oh, really? That's good to hear, since I got some songs of mine in the .wma format. All the more reason for me to get myself a black nano.
              Forums

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                I believe if you import the WMA file into iTunes, it will be converted into a format (MP3 I think) that the iPod can play.
                True, but unprotected songs only.
                TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

iPod haters tend to ignore the soul of the product -- iTunes.

Comment

I really am a bit annoyed at iTunes. An example is when you update your computer; when you upgrade, you need to remember to deauthorize iTunes otherwise they treat the same computer as another machine :-/

It's stupid I tell you.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Sadly I found that out too after I reinstalled on my mac, but its not a big deal, I burn any music I download to itunes generally anyway.

Comment

I have a 30GIG photo Ipod. I don't regret buying it although I rarely use it like I thought I would. My only suggestion for Apple would be to make the case better, the front scratches too easy, one reason I rarely use it.
                        http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

I haven't and would never buy an iPod or any product which is loaded with DRM - which includes at the moment WMDRM for WMA files, Fairplay DRM for iPods/iTunes, Steam/Valve with HL2/Counter Strike, any Sony products, or new Intel processors (D).

Why anyone would buy a piece of crippled hardware is beyond me - I can only imagine it's down to good marketing from the corporations to the sheeple.
                          HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                          -
                          Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

You can put mp3's onto it.. and apple doesn't care, so why are you making such a fuss over it?

Comment

If Apple didn't care, then why do they have DRM at all?

Apple have already changed the conditions of how you use/play/burn your music. They have changed this in the past at least once already, and they reserve the right to do it in the future.

You can put MP3s on at the moment, you that doesn't mean you will always be able to do so. I prefer to be given rights and freedoms, rather than pay for them to be taken away. You have no guarentees at all, just lots of restrictions and potential for abuse.

Anyway - if you want to understand DRM and how it is only of negative consiquences for you as a consumer, check out the EFF guide.
                              HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                              -
                              Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

*shrugs* personally I've never cared that much, My MP3's are just that, mine, 99.999% of them are legal and if apple did do such a thing you'd see their revenue go down the tubes so fast

I really don't care about DRM, its never effected me, and I've always found away around it if i do own it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X