X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    No, I meant they would match the price of other consoles like they did when Ps2 & NGC. They drop the price from $499cnd to $299 then $250 after 6 months. I think they will do it to stay competitive.
    The xbox 360? No way dude, theres no reason for them to drop the price down to 250 after 6 months. I see it dropping 30-50 bucks a year, not 150 in 6 months, thats just bad business practice.

They are staying competitive. I dont think either Sony or Microsoft care what Nintendo is doing this generation. They're basically competing against each other, and most analysts say the PS3 will cost anywhere from $350 to $500. So by staying at the $400, they already are competitive, and by providing a $300 version, then they can probably also compete against the Revolution.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    No, I meant they would match the price of other consoles like they did when Ps2 & NGC. They drop the price from $499cnd to $299 then $250 after 6 months. I think they will do it to stay competitive.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Actually, according to Gamespot, Microsoft may decrease the price of the 360 once every year.
    A year is twice as long as six months. No where did I say the price wouldn't drop but I did say it wouldn't drop rapidly.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Actually, according to Gamespot, Microsoft may decrease the price of the 360 once every year.

Sony is actually the same way, the lose money with each console they sell but I believe at one point, parts became cheap enough to where they can start selling and making a profit. Last I heard, Nintendo was the same way for a while before it turned around towards their favor.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    That will be around the same price of Xbox 360 when Nintendo comes out, or close to it. I think they will do the same like they did with the original model.
    I wouldn't expect the price of the XBOX360 to drop very rapidly, especially not that much in the first 6 months. Microsoft has stated that they haven't made a profit on a single XBOX console sold yet and that the XBOX 360 is priced to be profitable and remain profitable from day 1.

They are betting on its integration with Windows Media Server to maintain its competitive edge even if it is higher priced as it will offer something more than games and simple DVD playback. I will be buying an XBOX360 not only for the games but it will become a cornerstone of my new entertainment center by not only replacing the standalone DVD player but it will allow me to stream movies, music and photos from my PC.

I will be buying a Revolution to play Nintendo games. At this point it is doubtful that I will spend money on a PS3.

Here is a good article that explains motives behind this new controller:
    http://lostgarden.com/2005/09/ninten...-strategy.html

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    It is a concept by IGN but Nintendo strated they wil lbe maknig soemthing similiar to that.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    You are getting two Xbox? Or an Xbox and a PS3?

I'm getting the Revolution once it comes out.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    That's a concept that IGN made. I posted that earlier but deleted the post when I realized it was fake.

MGM out
    Well ,that really sucks then. I guess it is going to be Xbox under the Tree this year & next year too

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    That's a concept that IGN made. I posted that earlier but deleted the post when I realized it was fake.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by TruthElixirX
    They haven't officially announced a price but hitns have been dropepd that it will launch around 200$, maybe less.
    That will be around the same price of Xbox 360 when Nintendo comes out, or close to it. I think they will do the same like they did with the original model.

I new I saw what maybe a controller for Rev./Nin. or a concept of one?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Wed 21 Sep '05, 3:32pm.

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    They announced the price for the Revolution?

Halo isn't an RPG game

MGM out
    I meant first person shooter... LOL

The 360 is 400 bucks. I was reading in the electronics store I work for its going to b e close to 200.

The 360 is also going to come in two packages and one will be 300 bucks both come with platnium Xbox live subscriptions.

Leave a comment:

• Kayn
    replied
    Well, let's see here.

Like a lot of you, I've been gaming since the NES came out in 86/87.

While a lot of gamers aren't that fond of Nintendo anymore, there are a few facts you cannot deny that Nintendo has done.

1. Introduced the first actual successful gamepad (using your thumbs rather than a joystick). (NES)
    2. Introduced the first successful handheld system with interchangeable games. (Game Boy)
    3. Introduced the first controller with shoulder buttons (which was pretty insane at the time). (SNES) Guess who copied that idea?
    4. Introduced the first analog stick controller along with a d-pad (N64). Guess who copied that idea as well?
    5. The Gamecube didn't really define anything new, but was still very successful. The interconnectivity with the Game Boy Advance is VERY cool and probably makes up for that.
    6. We also can't deny the Game Boy Advance's (original, SP, and Micro) phenomenal success. Then there's the DS, which is selling extremely well all over the world. I have one and it's a total blast - the games are very fun and there's a whole slew of new ones coming out this year (Dawn of Sorrow, anyone? )

Nintendo has made a few mistakes here and there. Virtual Boy (oh the headaches I got from that thing). The N64 going with a cartridge format was another one. I truly believe if the N64 would have gone with a CD-ROM type format, Square-Enix (and several other 3rd party develpers) would've stayed with Nintendo and to this day Nintendo would be in the lead. But that's just me... guess you can't gain a competitive edge without taking SOME risks.

Like it or not, Nintendo has been setting standards since the 80s. It's just a fact. The other manufactuers have just copied their innovations. I think the Revolution will undoubtedly succeed, and this is just based off of their track record. You don't have to be a fanboy to look at Nintendo's resume and be able to predict.

People doubted the DS when it was on it's way. I thought it would suck. Now I can't put the thing down.

Just try it when it's out. Naysay all ya want... don't knock it 'till you tried it.

Rant ovar!

Leave a comment:

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    They haven't officially announced a price but hitns have been dropepd that it will launch around 200$, maybe less.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    They announced the price for the Revolution?

Halo isn't an RPG game

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    I defintly want to get a Nintendo Revolution, half the cost of 360, plus I love nintendo games twice over...and I am 21 year old male

Never really been into the whole big RPG games like halo and such

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X