Nintendo Revolution Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    No, you can just ask them @ the forums and you will find out that is exactly what Nintendo wanted for their systems and read what Satoru Iwata said that they created the console for children & not follow PS/Xbox way of selling their products. Since most PS/Xbox console owner are 20 to 35yrs old.
    Well I know that is why it is release in Japan.
    Maybe when it comes to first party software. There are many adult games on nintendo consoles although many of them are ports from other hardware.

I can build a pc, put it in a yellow case, and paint spongebob on it and sell is as a PC for kids. But that doesn't mean you can't watch p0rn on it

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
      Maybe when it comes to first party software. There are many adult games on nintendo consoles although many of them are ports from other hardware.

I can build a pc, put it in a yellow case, and paint spongebob on it and sell is as a PC for kids. But that doesn't mean you can't watch p0rn on it

I think you did not follow what I said. What I meant is that Nintendo was ask why they did not have alot of young adult games like the other two consoles, they answered by saying 'it is not we do not want to compete with the other two console maker's it is that we are a system for children.'

Yes, you can do what ever you want with the system, that is if you do not modified to view other content. That would be illeagal.

Comment

Nintendo has alot of games that apeal to gamers of all ages, I don't know anyone who hasn't played SSB:M and enjoyed it enough to play it again, me and my friends have been playing it since launch and have racked up 1200 combined hours of game play.

Comment

I would of bought Nintendo, but it lost games like PerfectDark & Conkers to Xbox. Plus the Zelda game they have release went all cartoonie and just gave up on the system.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
            I think they meant do or die for console hardware, like I tried to explain. If they don't do well this generation then they may very well stop making hardware and concentrate on their Game Boys and games for other consoles.

MGM out
            It was "Do or Die" for them when the Gamecube came out and it sold a respectable number of units. Not as many as XBOX or PS2 but more than previous Nintendo consoles. Unlike Microsoft, they are actually making a profit on their console.

Their new console costs less than the competitors. Plus it is the first Nintendo console to be backwards compatible, so people don't have to give up their Gamecube game investment. Nintendo has the largest stable library of game characters and concepts plus contracts from the most productive developers in the world. The reporters in the game industry seem to think there is only room for two competitors in the field. They have been predicting one company's or another's demise ever since Atari folder its console business after Jaquar. People should just see how the market plays out. Listening to critics will simply create a self-fulfilling prophecy.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6413/control1sv.jpg look!!! they changed it!

Comment

lol, I dont listen to critics. That was my opinion, and I say again, I am biased against Nintendo. Thing is, Gamecube may have sold well but many did not like what Nintendo did with it. No DVD playback, the first party titles everybody was looking for either were over-hyped or didnt do as well as everyone thought (ala, Luigi's Mansion as a launch title instead of a Mario game? Mario Sunshine not being the Mario everybody wanted? etc.), not to mention diminishing third party support.

By losing third party support in the GCN generation, it means Nintendo will have to work hard to get them back for the Rev generation, and they may very well not come back (I've already heard of a few third parties that make big name games saying they wont develop for the Rev, if you want to know who lemme know and I'll fetch the link).

Would you agree that games make a console? If so, then do you think Nintendo's consoles can last on first party titles alone? Let's do this... Can you name all of the best games for the Gamecube? Now take out all of the first party titles. How many remain? I can think of 2 off the top of my head... Resident Evil 4 (GCN's best game) and Eternal Darkness (the first game to not be targetted at everyone but only adults).

Now imagine the same happening to Revolution, except with even LESS third party support. Mainly due to the fact that Nintendo could be alienating some developers with their "innovations" (as well as those who didn't have great game sales on the GCN, but made millions from xbox and ps2). I can't imagine playing a Splinter Cell title using that little remote, can you?

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                  Would you agree that games make a console? If so, then do you think Nintendo's consoles can last on first party titles alone? Let's do this... Can you name all of the best games for the Gamecube? Now take out all of the first party titles. How many remain? I can think of 2 off the top of my head... Resident Evil 4 (GCN's best game) and Eternal Darkness (the first game to not be targetted at everyone but only adults).
                  Depends on what you buy the game system for. In my house, the most prolific game players are 9-13. They don't get to play games like Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto or Eternal Darkness. I bought it for family entertainment because it could accept 4 controllers inmmediately without addon hardware, had an addon to play all GameBoy Advanced Games, and interacted with the Gameboys (6 of them) that my family owns.

These are the games we have for it: MarioKart - Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon Colosseum, Super Monkey Ball, Animal Crossing, Pikman, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and Eternal Darkness (never played in the two years I have had it). While these games may not be "best" in your opinion, they have brought my family hundreds of hours of entertainment in the last three years. Will probably add a few titles to the console this Yule, even though I am getting an XBOX360 in November. I have pretty much given up on the PS2 and it sits and gathers dust unless my son wants to play Ratchet & Clank 3. Probably won't buy a PS3 as it isn't worth it to spend that much money on a console for Final Fantasy. Luckily I won't have to because Square has already announced Final Fantasy games in development for the Revolution.

I can't imagine playing a Splinter Cell title using that little remote, can you?
                  Wouldn't know. Have never played it nor would it be the type of game that I purchase for my family. My 13 year old son, easily the most prolific gamer, is excited about the controller as presented. This is the kid who has spent several hundred of his own money exclusively on Nintendo equipment and has every type of Gameboy available as well as 15-20 games for it.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well I can see that me and you play two seperate categories of games. You're more of the family games-type with the occasional blockbuster while I'm the hardcore, play all the best games out there, Nintendo-hater

Either way, I can agree with some of the things you said. The PS2 is horrible nowadays and I haven't played it since MGS3 and San Andreas.

I wont be buying a PS3 either until either MGS4 or FFXIII comes out.

Also, did you notice that half the games you own are first party titles

MGM out

Comment

I know most the games I own are first party titles. That is why I bought a Gamecube for those titles specifically. I have the other two consoles as well as a Playstation (not to be confused with the PS1), Nintendo, Nintendo 32, and Nintendo 64.

Best is subjective. I love the Ratchet & Clank series and it has been judged as one of the best game series on the PS2 but not sure it is up your alley.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I've actually been wanting to play Ratchet and Clank, but just never got around to it. I did beat Jak 1 and 2

MGM out

Comment

I defintly want to get a Nintendo Revolution, half the cost of 360, plus I love nintendo games twice over...and I am 21 year old male

Never really been into the whole big RPG games like halo and such

Comment

They announced the price for the Revolution?

Halo isn't an RPG game

MGM out

Comment

They haven't officially announced a price but hitns have been dropepd that it will launch around 200$, maybe less.

Comment

Well, let's see here.

Like a lot of you, I've been gaming since the NES came out in 86/87.

While a lot of gamers aren't that fond of Nintendo anymore, there are a few facts you cannot deny that Nintendo has done.

1. Introduced the first actual successful gamepad (using your thumbs rather than a joystick). (NES)
                                2. Introduced the first successful handheld system with interchangeable games. (Game Boy)
                                3. Introduced the first controller with shoulder buttons (which was pretty insane at the time). (SNES) Guess who copied that idea?
                                4. Introduced the first analog stick controller along with a d-pad (N64). Guess who copied that idea as well?
                                5. The Gamecube didn't really define anything new, but was still very successful. The interconnectivity with the Game Boy Advance is VERY cool and probably makes up for that.
                                6. We also can't deny the Game Boy Advance's (original, SP, and Micro) phenomenal success. Then there's the DS, which is selling extremely well all over the world. I have one and it's a total blast - the games are very fun and there's a whole slew of new ones coming out this year (Dawn of Sorrow, anyone? )

Nintendo has made a few mistakes here and there. Virtual Boy (oh the headaches I got from that thing). The N64 going with a cartridge format was another one. I truly believe if the N64 would have gone with a CD-ROM type format, Square-Enix (and several other 3rd party develpers) would've stayed with Nintendo and to this day Nintendo would be in the lead. But that's just me... guess you can't gain a competitive edge without taking SOME risks.

Like it or not, Nintendo has been setting standards since the 80s. It's just a fact. The other manufactuers have just copied their innovations. I think the Revolution will undoubtedly succeed, and this is just based off of their track record. You don't have to be a fanboy to look at Nintendo's resume and be able to predict.

People doubted the DS when it was on it's way. I thought it would suck. Now I can't put the thing down.

Just try it when it's out. Naysay all ya want... don't knock it 'till you tried it.

Rant ovar!
                                Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X