Nintendo Revolution Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
    If you are talking about Indreama, it has been sued by every electronic parts and game console manufacture. I would say the garage made console is Bankrupt right now.
    No, I'm talking about Infinum Lab's Phantom: http://www.phantom.net/ ... Google Images

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
      No, I'm talking about Infinum Lab's Phantom: http://www.phantom.net/ ... Google Images

MGM out
      You can build that yourself... Especially with the 2 year old technology they have in theirs.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You can build that yourself... Especially with the 2 year old technology they have in theirs.
        Although I have no faith in Phantom, a lot of the hype was the service it was going to provide, and not the actual hardware.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Yes, the service, not the hardware. I believe it doesn't even have a CD or DVD drive, as all games you buy are done online and through their service.

MGM out

Comment

Maybe they got bought out by Microsoft because the XBOX360 is going to have a similar service.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by MGM

MGM out
              Heck with that console. You can not even have your own games, it has to be downloaded for purchase. What if your system burns out, I guess you be out of luck or is it pay for play. Blah! Blah! Blah!
              If they wanted a copyright protection, why not just make a DataStick for it.
              They would not go to far in the business with that system. I am sure they got the permission to use the electronics for the game console as they most likely know what happens when you do not, 'INDREAMA' would be the example.

Comment

I am actually very impressed with this, I can't wait to test this baby out. I may even forget about the Xbox 360 for a while if the games are good for the Revolution. I still have to figure out if I will survive with out Halo 3!

I guess I will have to try to get both!
                http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

As many have stated -- it is do or die for Nintendo at this point (in regards to the console industry).

Comment

Well, more in regards to console hardware, not the industry. Even if this console fails, they can do a Sega and start making games for all consoles and rely on games sales to keep them afloat.

MGM out

Comment

It's not "do-or-die" time for Nintendo. They really don't even need to be in the console race, since the Game Boy alone makes Nintendo millions (maybe billions?) every fiscal year.
                      Forums

Comment

I think they meant do or die for console hardware, like I tried to explain. If they don't do well this generation then they may very well stop making hardware and concentrate on their Game Boys and games for other consoles.

MGM out

Comment

You got to remember that Nintendo is meant for 13yrs and under & not meant for 16yrs to 35yrs like the other two consoles. If they were into the older demographic maybe they could do better, but they went with the younger group instead.

Comment

Umm... No. All the consoles can be played by anyone. It's just as sterotypically to assume only older people play PlayStation & Xbox just like other assume Nintendo is meant only for kids. Sure, maybe the games are demographically targeted, but anyone can play them...
                            Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                              Umm... No. All the consoles can be played by anyone. It's just as sterotypically to assume only older people play PlayStation & Xbox just like other assume Nintendo is meant only for kids. Sure, maybe the games are demographically targeted, but anyone can play them...
                              No, you can just ask them @ the forums and you will find out that is exactly what Nintendo wanted for their systems and read what Satoru Iwata said that they created the console for children & not follow PS/Xbox way of selling their products. Since most PS/Xbox console owner are 20 to 35yrs old.
                              Well I know that is why it is release in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                                I think they meant do or die for console hardware, like I tried to explain. If they don't do well this generation then they may very well stop making hardware and concentrate on their Game Boys and games for other consoles.

MGM out
                                I don't think you can compare sega to nintendo when it comes to console hardware. Unlike the Sega Saturn everything Nintendo has produced after the SNES as enjoyed at least moderate sucess. True they are no longer the 'top-dogs' in sales of console harward, but I think they are doing well enough that we will be seeing consoles from Nintendo for years to come.

And while the Dreamcast did well, it was released at a 'bad time'. It came out right between PSX/Saturn/N64 generation and PS2/xbox/gamecube generation, thus many did not buy one simply because they knew something new was coming out in a couple of years, although they did sell like hot cakes when Sega Dropped the price to $50 .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X