Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Revolution Controller

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

Well, I didn't see that one coming. I don't know if I'll be able to use this thing, although I do like the idea of using it in a FPS.
    Attached Files

Well that thing looks ...unusual...
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

That is going to give alot of kid tendonitise of the thumbs. I hope they have a regular game controller, because I not going to purchase that for my niece if their is no alternative stick.

Comment

I thnk that looks absolutely.. expletive.. awful.

>.>

Comment

Trust me, our thumbs are bad off as it is .

Comment

I get tired from thumb wrestling, so how is this going to work if speed and reflexs is part of the game? This stick is going to be the death of nintendo.

Comment

Madcatz will probably have a traditional style but compatible controller released the day the Revolution goes on sell.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Madcatz will probably have a traditional style but compatible controller released the day the Revolution goes on sell.
                Nintendo is supposed to be offering something aswell.

As for it hurting the thumbs more, I don't see how it's anymore of a problem then what I've been using for more then 10 years now. My thumbs scream at the end of a long gaming day, be it on the NES, SNES, playstation, gamecube, or anything else out there that can use a gamepad.

I think my main problem with these new consoles are the wireless controllers, I already manage to lose my remote once a week. Now imagine how mad I'm going to be when I can't find my wireless controller for my console, or worse yet not begin able to find the second/third/fourth controller for my friends.

Comment

Three words:

Worst. Controller. Ever.
                  "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Sorry, but I'd rather not use my remote to play games. Thank you.

*not a Nintendo fan*

MGM out

Comment

I love it, it looks great.

Comment

not for me. yuck!
                        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                          I think my main problem with these new consoles are the wireless controllers, I already manage to lose my remote once a week. Now imagine how mad I'm going to be when I can't find my wireless controller for my console, or worse yet not begin able to find the second/third/fourth controller for my friends.
                          All of our controllers are wireless. We have 4 for the Gamecube and 2 each for the Playstation 2 and XBOX. Haven't had a problem in losing them. I have a rather large draw in the entertainment center that houses all the controllers and other game accessories.

Had to invest a small fortune in rechargeable batteries but other than that it has been great.

Nintendo has actually listened to demand for this console. Backwards compatibility, downloadable games, SD cards for memory (can we say 2GB memory goodness?), wireless controllers, DVD playing, and larger format game discs. Seems like an all-around winner to me. Sure it doesn't promise to be the multimedia center of the universe like the XBOX360 and the PS3 but it won't have to worry about falling short on that promise either.

The controller is new and different but I believe it will have more uses than just playing games with the systems. The two handed controllers don't make sense for playing DVDs or purchasing games which is why XBOX and PS2 machines require separate remotes which are often lost in the couch because they are rarely used.

Besides, I find that the more people complain about something in technology the more revolutionizing it becomes in the long term. You'll probably see single hand remotes for the XBOX360 before the Revolution even hits the shelves.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I would expect Nintendo sunk many dollars into the design and testing of this controller. I would withhold judgement on it until actually trying it out for several sessions.

I no longer play games and have never actually owned a modren console but I've ued them from time to time so what do I know?

I do remember when the Atari 2600 joystick was the accepted standard until a certain company introduced a game pad that took over.

Comment

I think the Revolution controller is the real revolution from the Revolution. it's designed to simulate all the older system controllers and Nintendo is able to make even more controller add-ons in future!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X