Anyone still using vBulletin 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still using vBulletin 2?

As a customer, you can download the latest version of vB 2, which is 2.3.7. I'm just wondering if anyone here still actually uses vB 2? I know of a lot of sites that do, and I'm wondering why, other than the (hassles?) of upgrading to vB 3.
    Yes, I do.
    10.20%
    No, I don't.
    81.63%
    No, I still run vBulletin 1.
    8.16%
    Forums

Overgrow still uses vB 2 I believe.

~Curt
    KeyHunt - Vbulletin-Fans - vB Styles - vBdirectory vBCore
    Valuable Links

Comment

Originally posted by bigcurt
      Overgrow still uses vB 2 I believe.

~Curt
      As does RottenTomatoes.com. I'm just wondering if anyone on these forums still runs vB 2.
      Forums

Comment

I'm turning my 3.5 board into a vb 2 look a like because the interface is mreo user friendly. Kind of blending the two together. .

Comment

vbulletin 1! but actually 3.
          selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

there are numerous forums running v2.0
            infact one of my favorites WHT as well..
            TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

I don't, but I performed an upgrade from 2.3.0 to 3.5. It took me two hours...

Comment

Nullsoft does...

I don't, though, I upgraded to 3.0 when the first beta came out.
                Last edited by Marco; Mon 12 Sep '05, 5:24am.

Comment

I was running 2.XX on my site until mid summer. Why didn't I upgrade earlier? It took us (a team of three) 3+ months to upgrade the site because of the unique customizations on the site along with a new skin for some additional features.

I think most stick with 2.XX because its stable and because of the customizations embedded in their files which make an upgrade almost impossible. I didn't really think I'd ever upgrade but decided to do it based on some new features I wanted to add and it made sense to put in the effort for the long haul.
                  Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

The only reason i'd stick with 2.x is because it'd just be inconvenient to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
                      I was running 2.XX on my site until mid summer. Why didn't I upgrade earlier? It took us (a team of three) 3+ months to upgrade the site because of the unique customizations on the site along with a new skin for some additional features.
                      How long did it take you to do the actual conversion from V2 - V3 (Running all the VB upgrade files?)

Comment

If I still had my old vB2 board chances are I would still be running vB2.

I absolutely loved vB2 -- the only reason I use 3.0.0 for the site I run now is the powerful admin control panel.

Comment

Geeze there are only two of us who'll admit to being luddites? How embarrassing!

So yeah, I'm still using 2. It's not that I don't like the 3.x series -- quite the contrary, it looks much more streamlined and sleek, and the extra features make me drool.

But like Kathy's wonderful site above, my forum is jacked up with customizations; certainly not at the level that hers is/was, but enough to make me hold off on upgrading until I can really spend a good chunk of time on the project. Actually I was going to upgrade earlier this year, but around that time 3.5 was announced, and so I decided I might as well wait until 3.5 went stable before I bother upgrading and re-customizing everything.

(A lesser reason for dragging my feet is that a couple of my favorite and/or necessary hacks have been ported over yet. I haven't been able to find either a 3.0 or 3.5 version of the "display subcategories in columns" hack that includes more than just a list of forum names, and the Interactive Story isn't ported to yet and probably won't be. )

Basically it's a combo of procrastination and pragmatism. I am champing at the bit to get the community up and running on 3.5, but until it's ready, vb2 fulfills my small community's needs very well.
                          Kira

EpiGuide: Web Entertainment Forums - vB Board of the Month, Aug 2007
                          About Schuyler Falls, an Original Drama | Falling Sky Designs

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=59958

Comment

Yes I am, because vB 2 roxorz teh big 1!!!!!!!!1111
                              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X