Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The questions raised are legitimate so please leave this thread if you are going to do nothing other than insult those seeking questions
    I insulted you?
    With all due respect assuming the site in your profile is the one you are using vBseo on you are quite small. You have little to lose. Us with more members and more posts have alot more to lose if our information is being sent out.
    My site is small, but it is part of my livelihood. I and three other guys have a whole lot to lose if something happens to our site.
    Because I have questions regarding something he is selling. As a potential customer I have a right to ask these questions.
    Why are they being asked at vbulletin.com? He doesn't sell the product through this website.
    I am plenty able to ask these questions so do not tell me otherwise
    I said you couldn't ask questions?
    So please, if you like it fine that is your opinion, just like we have our opinion that it should not be encrypted.
    Yes, you have convinced me this is the truth: We both have different opinions.
    If the very software it is built to run on is not encrypted why should his be?
    You have already apparently asked this question at Juan's website. Why are you asking here again? Jelsoft doesn't sell this product.
    Again, stop trying to turn this around on us making us look like the bad guys.
    There is a line that one can cross. It's one thing to discuss policies, and it's another to go on a malicious crusade against a company because you don't like their policies. I'm not telling you that you CAN'T do it. I'm just saying I think it's bad form. When did vb.com become the place to picket about how other websites do things? (by placing links in signatures to the protesting thread, it becomes obvious that it isn't a couple innocent questions, but rather a protest)
    V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
    Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
    Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

Why are they being asked at vbulletin.com? He doesn't sell the product through this website.
      Why is it being asked here?

Tell me why not? It is a product that will be used by many vBulletin owners and he wanted the opinions of those people.

I said you couldn't ask questions?
      Your whole post was complaining about this post which was asking why things were the way they were

You have already apparently asked this question at Juan's website. Why are you asking here again? Jelsoft doesn't sell this product.
      Because I want the opinions of the vBulletin owners here. Seeing how this is vBulletin.com and this product is made for vBulletin.

There is a line that one can cross. It's one thing to discuss policies, and it's another to go on a malicious crusade against a company because you don't like their policies. I'm not telling you that you CAN'T do it. I'm just saying I think it's bad form. When did vb.com become the place to picket about how other websites do things? (by placing links in signatures to the protesting thread, it becomes obvious that it isn't a couple innocent questions, but rather a protest)
      Since it is the site that the product is made for

The sig is not saying anything other than vBSEO Awarness. How the hell is that malicous? It is my right to disgree and to share my views on a product that is made for vBulletin on a site with vBulletin owners.

Comment

It is your right. And I have a right to see the posts in a different light. I'm not going to argue this anymore. I already said you can say whatever you want, and I'm sorry that my opinion makes you mad, or so it seems you are mad.
        Last edited by Bad Bunny; Mon 12th Sep '05, 11:35pm.

Comment

Bad Bunny:

STOP FOLLOWING ME AROUND FROM WEBSITE TO WEBSITE, AND HARASSING, PROVOKING, ATTACKING, ACCUSING, AND TWISTING WHAT I HAVE SAID ... UNTIL IT RESEMBLES ANYTHING BUT THE TRUTH ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

- I have legitimate complaints about the way Crawlability is running its vBseo operation.

- I have a right to voice those concerns.

- Voicing them here at vbulletin.com is not inappropriate, this is the MAIN forum for vbulletin owners.

THE WAY YOU ARE FOLLOWING ME AROUND AND SAYING THAT I HAVE A PERSONAL VENDETTA IS NOT FAIR. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT. AND YOU ARE IN THE WRONG.

I have stated my very objective views on this subject and you continue to try to provoke and discredit me. You need to stop. You want a reaction? You got one. Funny how you have absolutely nothing to say about the content of my posts. You don't address any of the points that I have raised. You want to have a dialogue, let's have one. But the way you are going about this is just plain wrong. You tried to trash a similar thread at the vBseo forums and you tried at vB.org, now you show up here. In all three instances, you have had nothing intelligent to add at all. Just attacks and accusations.

NOW PLEASE, GO AWAY. YOU ARE TROLLING !!!
          Last edited by free thinker; Tue 13th Sep '05, 2:51am.

Comment

Ok.

I am also a happy user of vBSEO, and don't have these not-trusting issues.

A certain individual dedicated to SEO, and who have helped in making vBulletin itself a bit more search engine friendly even runs, recommends and resells this product.

The almost aqusations can be done differently i think.. Doesn't MySQL have a setting which can log *all* queries? Isn't there a possibility to capture traffic which is being sent or received back?
            If you really that paranoid, you can do something else to prove your right instead of spreading rumours (if you even are right, and host content which vBSEO aproves to be moral).

As for the vB naming part, this would mean tons of (vbb) hacks are illegal if this was the case.. yet another point not really relevant, but added for one purpose only *sigh*

I don't see anything wrong with protecting a product which is to be sold.
            Do you even dare to run windows? It is precompiled as well . It has callback functionality as well. As do many products.
            How many of you guys work with plesk at your hosting company, to name an example. They could litterally ruin your website if i'd follow these conspirancy theories.

[edit] This previous post (nr 34) made me laugh, didn't saw it while writing this yet
            Last edited by xb_; Tue 13th Sep '05, 2:58am.

Comment

Originally posted by xb_
              Ok.

I am also a happy user of vBSEO, and don't have these not-trusting issues.

A certain individual dedicated to SEO, and who have helped in making vBulletin itself a bit more search engine friendly even runs, recommends and resells this product.

The almost aqusations can be done differently i think.. Doesn't MySQL have a setting which can log *all* queries? Isn't there a possibility to capture traffic which is being sent or received back?
              If you really that paranoid, you can do something else to prove your right instead of spreading rumours (if you even are right, and host content which vBSEO aproves to be moral).

As for the vB naming part, this would mean tons of (vbb) hacks are illegal if this was the case.. yet another point not really relevant, but added for one purpose only *sigh*

I don't see anything wrong with protecting a product which is to be sold.
              Do you even dare to run windows? It is precompiled as well . It has callback functionality as well. As do many products.
              How many of you guys work with plesk at your hosting company, to name an example. They could litterally ruin your website if i'd follow these conspirancy theories.

[edit] This previous post made me laugh, didn't saw it while writing this yet
              So your opinion again was: We are making accusations, should be complaining differently, are spreading rumors, we are paranoid, the "vB" naming question was irrelevant and for malicious intent, and we are formulating conspiracy theories, oh AND the previous post was funny.

Thanks for contributing that.

I get it that you like vBseo. But this thread is not about jumping on one bandwagon or another. This thread is about discussing my specific concerns about this software, which BTW others seem to share as well, and not by attacking me personally.
              Last edited by free thinker; Tue 13th Sep '05, 3:15am.

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
                So your opinion again was: We are making accusations, should be complaining differently, we are paranoid, the "vB" naming question was irrelevant and for malicious intent, and we are formulating conspiracy theories, oh AND the previous post was funny.

Thanks for contributing that.

I get it that you like vBseo. But this thread is not about jumping on one bandwagon or another. This thread is about discussing my specific concerns about this software, which BTW others seem to share as well, and not by attacking me personally.
                Your welcome.
                Something you appearantly missed was that it actually was a reply to the posts 14 15 17 23 26 and the post before my initial reply.

I also would like to highlight the fact that you only seem to have non rude replies to replies who are backing up your standpoints. IMHO this creates bandwagons. And the fact that nobody has even tried to prove that things are as bad they suggest they are...

Comment

Originally posted by xb_
                  Your welcome.
                  Something you appearantly missed was that it actually was a reply to the posts 14 15 17 23 26 and the post before my initial reply.

I also would like to highlight the fact that you only seem to have non rude replies to replies who are backing up your standpoints. IMHO this creates bandwagons. And the fact that nobody has even tried to prove that things are as bad they suggest they are...
                  Honestly xb, you make little sense. I have no problem with opposing opinions on this. As a matter of fact, when I started this thread I assumed that about 90% of the responders would disagree with me. But my reason for starting this thread, wasn't to be "right", it was to raise awareness of some things that I consider "concerns". And I new a few others would as well. But yourself and Bad Bunny are like attack-dogs. It's not that either of you disagree that bothers me. Really. It is the way in which you are responding. Please, reread some of your posts. If you want to have a dialogue, let's have one. But please respond intelligently, or at least coherently, and on the subject and points at hand. Not on a general stance that "I love vbseo and I hate you".

By the way, if you actually made serious responses to five posts in this thread, I missed it. You are welcome to try again though. Please do. I don't want to stifle your opinion. I just can't understand it. LOL

Comment

indeed LOL.

I mention something about replies, and it is instantly reversed. This thread is nothing more then pointing fingers towards eachother, when someone disagrees.
                    If you didn't understand what i'm saying, what does this say about intelligence. Maybe try reading the whole thread again, you might find out. Thenagain... You seem to need quoted text.

To me it is pretty obvious that you are frustrated due to the fact that vBSEO thinks you may not run they're product on your adult site. Maybe i would be to in that situation, but it is afterall they're decission, and it is something between them and you. There are alot of thinks you can do besides *****ing about it.
                    I feel you need an example, go to time2dine forums and do all of they're SEO optimalisation. OMG another example, go here and try an alternate product. BTW this last url is a pretty clear reason to me that the vBSEO code is encrypted.

Comment

Originally posted by xb_
                      indeed LOL.

I mention something about replies, and it is instantly reversed. This thread is nothing more then pointing fingers towards eachother, when someone disagrees.
                      If you didn't understand what i'm saying, what does this say about intelligence. Maybe try reading the whole thread again, you might find out. Thenagain... You seem to need quoted text.

To me it is pretty obvious that you are frustrated due to the fact that vBSEO thinks you may not run they're product on your adult site. Maybe i would be to in that situation, but it is afterall they're decission, and it is something between them and you. There are alot of thinks you can do besides *****ing about it.
                      I feel you need an example, go to time2dine forums and do all of they're SEO optimalisation. OMG another example, go here and try an alternate product. BTW this last url is a pretty clear reason to me that the vBSEO code is encrypted.
                      Ok xb, you win...
                      Last edited by free thinker; Tue 13th Sep '05, 3:59am.

Comment

Winning? Sharing or disagreeing to points of view maybe.
                        The constructive pointers is indeed one aproach of attempting dialogue, but i'd rather use a more direct way and elaborate on that, specialy when getting frustrated. Even though i am aware that this seems harsh towards others...
                        Last edited by xb_; Tue 13th Sep '05, 4:53am.

Comment

Free Thinker, I'm sorry if you feel I am trolling you. It was never my intent to follow all of your threads and start a personal attack on you. Looking back over my posts, I do feel I stayed away from personal attacks on you; but if something I posted was actually hurtful of insulting to you, I am sorry. Again, it was not my intention.

I do believe the only threads I have replied to that you have started are ones in which you were discussing vbseo. I do have trouble swallowing your attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, and for that and the "you win" attitude of the discussion, I can't believe I even joined it.

For my final vbseo discussion, I will say this:
                          I personally appreciate and understand the moral restrictions on the seo software. While I would prefer a branding free option, I can completely understand that this would in turn lower his own page ranking for the software he sells. These are direct responses to the topic of the thread, and I am not trying to attack you or anyone who feels differently. Hopefully you can read past my "stupidity" and see my point of view.
                          I truly am sorry if I came off as argumentative.

Comment

While from a business standpoint vBSEO has policies which may anger so-called "inappropriate" sites which want to use the software, it is within their rights to refuse service to anyone and everyone they see fit...

From a coding standpoint I am skeptical of encrypted code regardless of the credibility of the hacker in question - I would have hoped that the vBSEO team would produce an un-encrypted version for greater cost to satisfy those who are skeptical, or at least allow a team of un-biased 3rd party coders to take a view over every release of code in an un-encrypted form before approving it as "safe"...

Regardless of your view over this, they have a right to deny you service and at the end of the day have a right to use encrypted code - I personally wouldn't buy the service from them for both of those reasons - vBSEO can opt to create a Term of Service agreement stating that they cannot be held responsible for the content of forums that use their SEO software, and that would satisfy their strict policy restrictions...

As for the encrypted code, I would hope the vBSEO team would re-consider this over time, but again, their decision...

Satan

Comment

I think all viewpoints have been expressed adequately. Please take future commeents to the vBSEO forums or private channels.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X