X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral SEO ?

http://www.vbseo.com/f2/no-licenses-...t-content-677/

Is this not the lady that was helping you with your website before?

That is really to bad on this. I guess they do not want to get on the bad side of the U.S.A. politic's right now. I see that alot of so called moral politicians want adult content removed from the net or in a dot xxx. It is a way to control what you see in the U.S.A. .

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT

That is really to bad on this. I guess they do not want to get on the bad side of the U.S.A. politic's right now. I see that alot of so called moral politicians want adult content removed from the net or in a dot xxx. It is a way to control what you see in the U.S.A. .
      To be absolutely honest...the website in question is one that I co-develop.

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT

Or maybe this has nothing to do with politics and the owner of vBSEO does not want his product name listed on adult sites

Comment

Jelsoft has a very reasonable approach to the way that they distribute their software. Simply put, they don't feel obligated to approve or disapprove of their licensees' website content. They also offer a branding-free option, which can be beneficial in many instances.

What is so striking to me, is that Crawlability (the creators of "vBseo") do pick and choose who can use their software. They do not offer a branding-free option either.

So, this product "vBseo" is really not at all in the spirit of "vB" (vbulletin - that is). It is not even available for use by all vbulletin license holders. It just seems strange that they would use the prefix "vB" for this product, yet disallow many vbulletin licensees from using it AND not even offer a branding-free option to solve this quagmire.

In my opinion, this product should not be named "vBseo" at all, it should be named "moralVBseo". Somebody needs to create an "immoralVBseo" because there are many adult sites out there who are very interested in vbulletin optimization.

I hope that Jelsoft will do one of two following things in the future:
          - create a (paid) optimization add-on package for vbulletin, similar to "vBseo".
          - simply integrate many of these optimization techniques into vbulletin itself.

Search engine optimization is a very powerfult tool. When you control what appears in the first page or two of google results, you basically control what people "do" and "don't" see on the internet. Any censorship or discrimination by companies such as Crawlability is going to directly impact the virtual tone and content of the internet itself. Because when people do a search, and only look at page one and two, they are only going to find the optimized (moral) content. To some, this may seem as a good thing. And to others, this may seem like a needless act of self-censorship that is a step backwards for free speech.

DISCLAIMER: No matter what you say (or type) on a forum there are always going to be people who disagree. I understand that. I also understand that no one can force somebody to run their business a certain way. That is not my intent. The same freedom that allows Juan to make stupid and unfair business decisions, allows me to complain about it.

SIDE NOTE: Leight_Weight and Brentwilson, thank you for your comments, now please, let's not turn this thread into a political argument.
          Last edited by free thinker; Sat 10th Sep '05, 2:32am.

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
            Jelsoft has a very reasonable approach to the way that they distribute their software. Simply put, they don't feel obligated to approve or disapprove of their licensees' website content. They also offer a branding-free option, which can be beneficial in many instances.

What is so striking to me, is that Crawlability (the creators of "vBseo") do pick and choose who can use their software. They do not offer a branding-free option either.

So, this product "vBseo" is really not at all in the spirit of "vB" (vbulletin - that is). It is not even available for use by all vbulletin license holders. It just seems strange that they would use the prefix "vB" for this product, yet disallow many vbulletin licensees from using it AND not even offer a branding-free option to solve this quagmire.

In my opinion, this product should not be named "vBseo" at all, it should be named "moralVBseo". Somebody needs to create an "immoralVBseo" because there are many adult sites out there who are very interested in vbulletin optimization.

I hope that Jelsoft will do one of two following things in the future:
            - create a (paid) optimization add-on package for vbulletin, similar to "vBseo".
            - simply integrate many of these optimization techniques into vbulletin itself.

Search engine optimization is a very powerfult tool. When you control what appears in the first page or two of google results, you basically control what people "do" and "don't" see on the internet. Any censorship or discrimination by companies such as Crawlability is going to directly impact the virtual tone and content of the internet itself. Because when people do a search, and only look at page one and two, they are only going to find the optimized (moral) content. To some, this may seem as a good thing. And to others, this may seem like a needless act of self-censorship that is a step backwards for free speech.

DISCLAIMER: No matter what you say (or type) on a forum there are always going to be people who disagree. I understand that. I also understand that no one can force somebody to run their business a certain way. That is not my intent. The same freedom that allows Juan to make stupid and unfair business decisions, allows me to complain about it.

SIDE NOTE: Leight_Weight and Brentwilson, thank you for your comments, now please, let's not turn this thread into a political argument.
            I think that he would be happy if said forums would require a branding free option to be purchased if he truly did not want his name associated with those kind of boards.

Of course a reasonable price.

Oh and I wish that they would hurry up and release it! I want it bad

Comment

Perhaps it is a moral type thing and he refuses ot business with these kinds of sites?

Comment

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
                Perhaps it is a moral type thing and he refuses ot business with these kinds of sites?
                That is a possibility and he has that right.

Both sides have valid points.

Comment

Oh and vBulletin does not let warez sites run vbulletin. Against the license agreement.

Comment

Oh and vBulletin does not let warez sites run vbulletin. Against the license agreement.
                    That is a valid point.

I believe the difference, in this particular instance, is that Jelsoft has stipulated "no illegal activity".

Whereas the owners of vBseo have stipulated "no immoral content".

I think we can all agree on what is and isn't illegal, for the most part. However, what is and isn't moral...that is a trickier question.

Comment

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

I see that sign on so many restuarants and stuff but I never see anyone complaining about that.

Comment

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

I see that sign on so many restuarants and stuff but I never see anyone complaining about that.
                        Thank you for your opinion.

You have made your thoughts very clear.

I also have the right to state my opinion.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude. Relax a bit.

I apologize.

Comment

I wonder if this has anything to do with the script itself? Did you know that vbseo is encrypted?

Yup, install it on your site and hope it doesn't do anything other than what the author tells you it does with your database - posts and threads.

I was invited to be a tester but once I saw the install was encrypted and was told the final script would also be encrypted I turned it down. I will not install anything on my server that I can't view the code, making sure my server and database are completely secured.....

So I wonder if this issue is related?
                            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

I have a question for any of the Jelsoft staff...

What does it take to get the letters "vB" in front of a product or business name?

I am not an expert on business law or anything, but I figured that the prefix "vB" would be patented or trademarked by Jelsoft. Is it not?

Do people ask for approval before they use "vB" as a prefix for their products, services, or websites?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X