Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you had Google Adsense? (I'm worried)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you had Google Adsense? (I'm worried)

I basically added Google Adsense to my site 3 days ago...

...and I am terrified that one day google will terminate my adsense service, because some unsuspecting member thought that they would be helping my site when they start clicking on the ads multiple times... so I am wondering, how long have you had adsense (and what are you doing to avoid click fraud)?

Stuart
    International Basketball - http://www.interbasket.net

I'm very concerned about this too, and would like a little feedback from other users as well.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

I have had it for a few months with good but slowly diminishing results (I know the reason but won't say it; nothing foul about it, though).

If you specifically know a member has been artificially inflating the click count, ask him to stop immediately because Google will eventually find out, less so if you do it yourself where you'll get busted immediately. The user is probably trying to help so innocently asking him to stop should work, but if he keeps it up, don't show the ads at all to that user.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

The best thing to do is send an email to AdSense's support if you know this has happened, and be compeltely honest with them. Tell them a user has done this, and that you know the clicks should be counted as invalid. Offer to provide them with server logs or any other information which could help them. It's better for you to open the communication instead of vice versa; if you wait for them to suspend you before defending yourself, good luck. It can be done, but it's rare.
        - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

My account was closed because of this. I had close to $1k in my account and then it all disappeared....account closed with no notice. I finally got a reply from them that it was closed for violation of their terms but they failed to provide any other info

Comment

I would make a cliam on that but then what is 1$k that = to $1g's
            If so it seem to suspect for them to close without paying out but since I have not figure what is $1k then it is up to you.

Comment

I have run Adsense since August of 2003 on this forum here: http://forums.makeuptalk.com

Adsense on a forum like this with 3.5 million page views/month(yes women love Makeup lol) doesn't do very well in adsense income. BUT, this click fraud I have worried about also. What I do is monitor the clicks with software. If I see an 10+ clicks from one IP address, I use the vB functionality for searching IPS and warn that user. It has only happened like 3 times.

EDIT: Forgot to post the software I use: http://www.related-pages.com/astracker.aspx

Originally posted by sabas11

...and I am terrified that one day google will terminate my adsense service, because some unsuspecting member thought that they would be helping my site when they start clicking on the ads multiple times... so I am wondering, how long have you had adsense (and what are you doing to avoid click fraud)?

Stuart
              Makeup Cosmetics Beauty Forums
              1.5 million posts!

Comment

Tony, I see how an adsense tracker can be useful, but doesn't the javascript interfere with the adsense ads? Which might get one in trouble with Google's TOS ...

Comment

Originally posted by armstrongx
                  Tony, I see how an adsense tracker can be useful, but doesn't the javascript interfere with the adsense ads? Which might get one in trouble with Google's TOS ...
                  Valid point!

I don't know how that tracker program works though.

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                    I would make a cliam on that but then what is 1$k that = to $1g's
                    If so it seem to suspect for them to close without paying out but since I have not figure what is $1k then it is up to you.
                    k meens kilo
                    and kilo meens thousand

what is 1g?
                    My site
                    www.coolservice.dk

Comment

1,000 Usd

Comment

Oh that's easy to answer. Did you right click and view source on any of my pages? Or are you just guessing that it would interfere?

The javascript resides outside of the adsense script, not inside. We have run it since August of 2003 without any issues from G. We are receiving over 1.5 million ad views monthly without a single issue w/ Google.

You asked for a way to watch for invalid clicks, this is how we do it.

Originally posted by armstrongx
                        Makeup Cosmetics Beauty Forums
                        1.5 million posts!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer81
                          what is 1g?
                          G=grand, a slang for thousand in US.
                          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by sabas11

Stuart
                            Iam running Adense since April 2003 and I made ~ $500 with it (only a small community).

I had problems with fraud clicks only once. Google kicked me and I just applied again
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
                              G=grand, a slang for thousand in US.
                              Not here, we call it a kilodollar...LOL j/k

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X