Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pisses me off to see you americans complain about gaz prices. If i make the correct conversions we pay over USD $6.5/gallon

so will ya stop whining???
    My site
    www.coolservice.dk

Comment

97P a litre here, 3 x 97P = £2.21 per gallon. Converted to dollars = $4.07.
      You might want to try your maths again, both in the number of liters in a gallon, as well as what 3 x 97 would work out as.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

It pisses me off to see you americans complain about gaz prices. If i make the correct conversions we pay over USD $6.5/gallon

They really have a right to whine. We pay more almost solely because of tax; this is a choice our governments make. Just because we pay crazy amounts of tax on petrol does not mean that when their prices almost double over half a year they don't get to complain about rising prices.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
          They really have a right to whine. We pay more almost solely because of tax; this is a choice our governments make. Just because we pay crazy amounts of tax on petrol does not mean that when their prices almost double over half a year they don't get to complain about rising prices.
          no they dont have a right to whine. U think we pay 6.5 USD a gallon because of the oil prices? no... over 50% of the price is taxes here.. so dont complain when u pay nearly the half of what we pay.
          My site
          www.coolservice.dk

Comment

I am in the UK so I do pay those prices. Why shouldn't they wine? If you are angry about your gas prices, complain to your government - they are the reason they are so high.

If it cost you £2 to buy a pint of beer, and over 6 months the price went up to £4, you would likely complain. If it happened that in some other random country they had to pay £10 for a pint because their government had rediculous tax levels on top then that wouldn't be a reason for you not to be able to complain.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I am in the UK so I do pay those prices. Why shouldn't they wine? If you are angry about your gas prices, complain to your government - they are the reason they are so high.

If it cost you 2 to buy a pint of beer, and over 6 months the price went up to 4, you would likely complain. If it happened that in some other random country they had to pay 10 for a pint because their government had rediculous tax levels on top then that wouldn't be a reason for you not to be able to complain.
              they shouldn't complain because their prices is not high compared to the rest of the world. They (americans) need to realize that $4 is cheap for a gallon og gas.
              My site
              www.coolservice.dk

Comment

You only think its cheap because your government puts huge amounts of tax on it.
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Simply do not buy cars which needs 10 or more litres/100km. I drive a A-Class mercedes which needs ~5 litres/100km and can handle the high prises here in germany. Who wants a SUV or something like that, have to pay those prices. It is there own fault.
                  Force the car manufactors to build cars that do not need much fuel. It is possible.
                  Streicher

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                    We've seen this trend for several years now. Gas prices sky rocket in the summer and dive in the fall. This summer just happens to top the charts as I am sure next summer will happen to top the charts once again. I on the other hand wouldn't mind seeing gas prices remain at their current mark. The United States has a problem with natural resource consumption and methods of using it.

This is a laugh: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/262703
                    The only consistency when it comes to gasoline prices is that they never go down. Unless federal, state and local governments drop their taxes on gasoline, we won't see a decrease. That, however, is unlikely as then they won't have enough money to waste on things like $230 million bridges in Alaska that link the main land to islands with populations of 50 people.

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                    You started with Kerry & I am stating the same fact as you are stating yours. Do not like facts then do not mention it then if it make you lose your temper. You came up with that and I just finished by answering it. As for trolling you are no different than I.
                    So, please stop posting facts if facts are a problem with you.
                    Who lost their temper? I certainly did not. It was 11 o' clock in the afternoon, I was tired and I didn't want to deal with the nonsense of someone who was intentionally trying to start an argument. John Kerry did vote for the 50 cent gasoline tax. If you have a problem with that, take it up with him.

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                    Because its not the 80's for one.

Oil refineries were damaged, but even before this storm hit we could not process the oil we had.
                    We could always use eminent domain to seize the supreme court justices' homes so we could build some more.

The storm is a small dent compare what is waiting under Yosemite or of the west coast of Africa. The problems here today will be miniscule by when those events happen. You want to see damage then you'll hope you not to be around then.
                    That is when you will see a change in the gas market if by then we do not have an alternive fuel source.
                    So, the Yellowstone idea is out.
                    Weren't you the one who suggested Yellowstone?

I think we should invest in Greenland & Yellowstone Park.
                    By the way, what is waiting under Yosemite and the west coast of Africa?

Originally posted by dreamer81

You're absolutely right. You do pay over $6.5 per a gallon of gasoline, and you pay most of it in taxes. Your economy suffers as a result. We're paying for most of it in raw gasoline, and we don't want our economy to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                      Yellowstone is the locations of a Super Volcano. The Yellowstone Valley (the entire valley) is simply a caldera for a large volcano. If it erupts, it can be considered a global killer and will cause extinctions world wide and practically wipe out the western United States and Canada, not just destruction of homes and death of people but literally kill millions of acres of forest and sink land under the ocean.

Seven of these super volcanoes have been identified, 3 are in the United States and Canada. The rest are in Asia and the South Pacific. Of these Yellowstone is the largest. Its lava and ash fields stretch from Louisana at the Gulf of Mexico to Los Angeles in California and up north in to Canada.

http://www.solcomhouse.com/yellowstone.htm

Don't know what is up in West Africa.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I think he means Yellowstone, which will explode one day. For Africa I think he means the potential landslide which is, I believe, of one of the Canary Islands. If the rock falls a tsunami will be created that crashes into the western seaboard of the US. Africa I think is protected by the island itself.
                        Christopher Padfield
                        Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Beat me to it

Nice link is http://www.solcomhouse.com/yellowstone.htm

Lake Taupo is trully incredible, I skydived over it (also amazing), apparently when it exploded in 186AD they heard it in China, it affected the atmoshphere so much that apparently sunsets where brilliant over there as well. That eruption was 50 times the power of Mt St Helen's but apparently that eruption was small for Taupo, one of its eruptions many thousands of years ago was the biggest and most destructive ever (apparently). Its meant to erupt every 2,000 years .....
                          Christopher Padfield
                          Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I think he means Yellowstone, which will explode one day. For Africa I think he means the potential landslide which is, I believe, of one of the Canary Islands. If the rock falls a tsunami will be created that crashes into the western seaboard of the US. Africa I think is protected by the island itself.
                            Isn't that eastern?
                            You're my Prince of Peace
                            And I will live my life for You

Comment

Well the Canary Islands are in the Atlantic Ocean so that would be the western side of the African Continent.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Paid $101 yesterday for a fill up here in CA. THe gas tank on my Escalade EXT is 33 gallons tho....damn
                                Makeup Cosmetics Beauty Forums
                                1.5 million posts!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X