This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    LEAD_WEIGHT, stop trying to instigate arguments. You're acting like a troll.
    It could be noted that you are making political comments as well. Perhaps the entire issue should be dropped and just going on to complain about the rapidly increasing costs (and I'll join on that part).
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
      So, your President now is raking in so much doe, so why not get rid of it then. Oh, that would mean George would not get his belly full of porridge.
      har har har your so freaking funny dude. How original can you be.

Stop trying to start ****.

Gas prices here are 3.24 a gallon with plenty of them that are out of gas completely.

People are nuts filling up 5 gallon containers with gas....

Comment

We've seen this trend for several years now. Gas prices sky rocket in the summer and dive in the fall. This summer just happens to top the charts as I am sure next summer will happen to top the charts once again. I on the other hand wouldn't mind seeing gas prices remain at their current mark. The United States has a problem with natural resource consumption and methods of using it.

This is a laugh: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/262703
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

You started with Kerry & I am stating the same fact as you are stating yours. Do not like facts then do not mention it then if it make you lose your temper. You came up with that and I just finished by answering it. As for trolling you are no different than I.
          So, please stop posting facts if facts are a problem with you.

Comment

The only way any one going to see prices drop is by an old method they did here in Calgary, Alberta.
            1. Buy your gas from one gas company for 2weeks then switch and buy from the other company. This idea worked in 1983-85 and the prices dropped which cause a gas price war. It was good for a while but then the idea was lost amongst the noise of laziness.
            or
            2. Just take it up the tail pipe and ram your head & say stupid for awhile.

Comment

The only way any one going to see prices drop is by an old method they did here in Calgary, Alberta.
              1. Buy your gas from one gas company for 2weeks then switch and buy from the other company. This idea worked in 1983-85 and the prices dropped which cause a gas price war. It was good for a while but then the idea was lost amongst the noise of laziness.
              or
              2. Just take it up the tail pipe and ram your head & say stupid for awhile.
              No that isn't the only way we are going to see price drops. In fact those won't work at all.

We can not refine the oil that we have into gasoline. We have not built a refinery since 1973 in this country.

Until we increase our oil refinery count we will never see gas below 2.50 a gallon nation wide again.

And as long as parents continue to buy their kids Explorers and SUVs because they are cool and the same goes for familes of 4 driving Excursions we will not see a decrease in gas.

Comment

I thought the oil refineries were just getting updated & one of them was damaged?
                As for what I said in the post you just said it would not work well here is the problem with that comment of yours.
                It did work here like I said cause I been living here to know that but it seems that ppl here do not want to do that anymore cause of loyalty to service they have.
                1. I do not like to pump my own gas.
                2. I have been with them for years
                3. I get coupons.
                What is up with that. Do not even want to try what worked before in the 80's

Comment

I think we should invest in Greenland & Yellowstone Park. The investment should go to Hydrogen fuel & stop playing with oil if we do not have it.
                  The only thing Canada was consider if they did not do it already was opening the taps a little more to level out the price. 25 cent plus jump in one day is a surprise for everyone but then so was a 10 cents.

Except for USA Hawaii

Comment

I thought the oil refineries were just getting updated & one of them was damaged?
                    As for what I said in the post you just said it would not work well here is the problem with that comment of yours.
                    It did work here like I said cause I been living here to know that but it seems that ppl here do not want to do that anymore cause of loyalty to service they have.
                    1. I do not like to pump my own gas.
                    2. I have been with them for years
                    3. I get coupons.
                    What is up with that. Do not even want to try what worked before in the 80's
                    Because its not the 80's for one.

Oil refineries were damaged, but even before this storm hit we could not process the oil we had.

Comment

This is being talked about on every forum I go to.

Dozens of stations in NYC are sold out. Period. Other stations are as high as $4+ a gallon for regular. Stations that are anywhere close to $3 have lines of cars waiting at the pumps.

Its insane.
                      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Gas prices in ATL were at 6 dollars a gallon shortly after it hit.

I filled up my car tonight and it took 40 bucks to do it at 3.24 a gallon.

The car is a 95 Formula Firebird to so I basically watch the gas gauge move to E when it starts.

I dread getting my mustang back with its new engine... I gotta buy premium for that car

Comment

The storm is a small dent compare what is waiting under Yosemite or of the west coast of Africa. The problems here today will be miniscule by when those events happen. You want to see damage then you'll hope you not to be around then.
                          That is when you will see a change in the gas market if by then we do not have an alternive fuel source.
                          So, the Yellowstone idea is out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                            Gas prices in ATL were at 6 dollars a gallon shortly after it hit.

I filled up my car tonight and it took 40 bucks to do it at 3.24 a gallon.

The car is a 95 Formula Firebird to so I basically watch the gas gauge move to E when it starts.

I dread getting my mustang back with its new engine... I gotta buy premium for that car
                            What was that you were saying about Explorers and Expiditions?
                            Webmaster:
                            @forumz

Comment

97P a litre here, 3 x 97P = £2.21 per gallon. Converted to dollars = $4.07.

Not bad really

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                                What was that you were saying about Explorers and Expiditions?
                                I have a 1993 Honda Civic as well, daily driver of course

What I was saying about those Explorers and Expeditions is the fact that these are primary cars for these people. Expedition gets 10mpg on a good day and there are families of 4 with these in the driveway driving them everywhere they go. No thought of gas mileage. Then you have the Hummers and the big ass trucks.... I can see having these on the sides but not as daily drivers.

Those are my "weekend cars". I filled her up tonight just so I could get a half way decent price on gas as I am sure it will continue to rise.

I got to have my fun but no way would those be my daily drivers. The Firebird gets 16MPG City, but on the highway she gets 36 thanks to that 6th gear.

The mustang is a project car that would require premium to keep from detonating.

These are my hobbies not my daily drivers.
                                Last edited by BamaStangGuy; Sat 3 Sep '05, 1:14am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X