Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's expensive... I went on a cruise recently and on one of the islands, the gas is about $6 per gallon.
    Let the flames begin.

Comment

Gas prices are going up here as well. Monday it was around $2.50, Tuesday got to $2.75... Wednesday morning it got to $2.99 (I should have filled up at this point because I was running low, but when I saw the price I thought I'd wait and fill up elsewhere when I'm driving home)... Wednesday afternoon... $3.05... Wednesday evening (when I filled up), $3.15

I did get lucky and find a newer BP station that was selling for $3.09 so I filled up there. Thursday morning it was at $3.19... I didnt even bother to check today

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyDE
        $ 4.00 - is that per gallon?

Yesterday I paid 1.394 EUR/Liter (= approx. 7.93 $/gallon), and that was one of the cheaper Gas Stations.
        Others took 1.434 EUR/Liter
        That's just crazy..

Regular Petrol: 1.44 EUR/Liter
        Super: 1.46 EUR/Liter
        Aral Ultimate 100: 1.56 EUR/Liter
        !! Shell V-Power: 1.59 EUR/Liter

1 gallon = 3.785411784 liter?

That would be 6.01 EUR or $7.5 for one gallon of Shell V-Power.. I don't know what numbers KirbyDE used but with his numbers it would be 9.04 EUR or $11.3

I have the great luck that all important stores, buildings (schoolm, ..) are nearby so that I can take my bike but I really don't know what I would do if I had to get to school by car
        That's the end of that!

Comment

UK price for 1 US Gallon is $6.41, we've been paying that for years now though its due to the high tax imposed by the government.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
            1 gallon = 3.785411784 liter?
            Guess I made a Copy&Paste Error from Wikipeda taking 1 Gallon = 4,5460902819948 Liter

Comment

Guess I made a Copy&Paste Error from Wikipeda taking 1 Gallon = 4,5460902819948 Liter
              I guess that would be an imperial (sp.?) gallon.. A liquid gallon should be 3,785411784 iter

I guess Iam going to sell my car for gasoline
              That's the end of that!

Comment

US has a different gallon measurement from everywhere else.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Here in holland it was €1,50 this week per liter... It's expected to go up and up...
                  Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

Here in Nova Scotia gas was up to $1.35/litre last I looked (yesterday) That's upwards of $5.50 per U.S. gallon. A little more than that for Imperial gallons. Glad I work at home, too!!
                    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

I only drive a few days a week, and mostly within a few miles (maybe half a gallon for a day).

Comment

Prices range from 2.89-3.49 here... gas stations less than a mile apart at that.

Comment

The US Media has been dropping stories over the past few weeks telling us how lucky we are not to be paying European prices. They always seem to leave out the parts about how heavily gasoline is taxed there, and the social program benefits that people get from those heavy taxes.
                          Webmaster:
                          @forumz

Comment

www.gasbuddy.com is your friend....Of course, generally costco gas is cheaper
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                              The US Media has been dropping stories over the past few weeks telling us how lucky we are not to be paying European prices. They always seem to leave out the parts about how heavily gasoline is taxed there, and the social program benefits that people get from those heavy taxes.
                              Exactly on the mark!

Comment

@chrispadfield
                                I am not driving that far, approx. 50 km/day, eg. approx. 1000 km/month.
                                My car uses approx. 7-8 l/100 km, so that's 75 liters/month => 75 Liters * 1,394 EUR/liter = approx. 105 EUR.
                                I earn about 450-700 EUR/month, so that is 15-25% for me
                                450 Euro a month? That can't be right - 4,500 surely
                                http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X