No announcement yet.

The divine Flying Spaghetti Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know he stil lbelieves in them. He changed what he believes about them.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
      For instance (This is an example. I'm not basing it off of any real theory at the moment.), if I posted theories on how a world wide flood could cause the Earth to make it appear older than it was I wouldn't be taken seriously for the simple fact that a more "mainstream" science says that the world is billions of years old. The other theory has a decent amount of evidence lets say and hasn't been proven false. You would give it no credit and put in the "desperate religious heretic tries to explain creation with science" bin simply because it complemented the Bible.
      You're right, it would be put in that bin, specifically because the geological evidence does not support that the entire world was covered in water at any time during the existence of man, or any of his evolutionary ancestors.

There are, however, many cultures in and around the regions where Noah lived that all have stories of a great flood, which brings up another pesky little thing that flies in the face of so-called "Intelligent" Design.
      According to the Bible, Noah took with him 2 of every kind of animal in the world. There are thousands of species of non-aquatic vertaebrates on the surface of the earth today. Since the time of Noah, thousands more have become extinct.
      Even with the engineering knowledge today, there is no way to build a floating vessel of the size that it would take to carry a male and female of every known (not to mention unknown) land dwelling creature.
      So, there are 2 possible explanations:
      1. The Bible is lying about Noah having carried 2 of everything, which means that it would have been a regional, not world-wide, flood (since we know animals existed on every continent)
      2. The creatures alive today, and those we have visual or fossil record of which are now extinct, evolved from the limited species that Noah carried on the Ark
      There are no other possible explanations.
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Noah built a boat bigger than an airplane carrier. Intelligiently designed of course

How was it Noah picked up all the animals from across the world? He must have amassed quite a few requent flyer miles doing that.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

ID Loses ... thanks ?god?
          great day for america!

Comment

I am the one true son of Flying Spaghetti Monster!

--

James Carlson (a.k.a. Davos Vortigren)

Comment

Looks like no one can refute my claim.

--

James Carlson (a.k.a. Davos Vortigren)

Comment

Just worship me from now on, believer or scientist, and we are all happy.. happy floris days everybody!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X