Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb3.5 is easier to be distorted than vb3.0

Hi everybody,

Do you think that vb3.5 is easier to be distorted than vb3.0 by hackers?

Because, I think, assume by any method, they get the admins' password code and they want to delete all threads.

In vb3.0:
    They have to delete each thread one by one. So, it will take them so long time to delete or move as many threads as they can.

In vb3.5:
    They can delete ALL the posts and threads just in few mintus, can't they?

=)
    Last edited by BoYagoob; Thu 1st Sep '05, 8:47am.

That's why you should have backups, hard-to-guess passwords (so they can't get in in the fist place), etc..
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I know, you should do this for both vb3.5 & vb3.0

But unfortuantly, the have many methods to get that code. Which is really very bad what they do
      Last edited by BoYagoob; Thu 1st Sep '05, 9:09am.

Comment

Jelsoft works to make things easier for the admin. If that may make things easier for a hacker too, then thats just a downside to it. Besides, if a hacker compromises your site, it would be your fault, not Jelsoft's

MGM out

Comment

That's right. From some hacks installed, they may get it, so it's my fault. Also, you may lose some features (hacks). Then, my members will be angary : D

Comment

vBulletin 3.5 is only as secure as the administrator using it. If you know how to keep strong passwords, and hire trustful moderators, you should be fine.
            Forums

Comment

I thought it was "vBulletin is only as secure [+3.5 ] as your server."
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                Jelsoft works to make things easier for the admin. If that may make things easier for a hacker too, then thats just a downside to it. Besides, if a hacker compromises your site, it would be your fault, not Jelsoft's

MGM out
                Agreed. You should use secure passwords, which contains both numbers and letters, and also preferrably including symbols. It's also a good idea to use words that aren't in the dictionary.
                Let the flames begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                  hire trustful moderators
                  Exactly. This is another important point. Moderators!

I think, it is better to use if-conditions to NOT allow the moderators and super moderators to delete or move ALL threads in one time. They also might delete them by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by BoYagoob
                    Hi everybody,

Do you think that vb3.5 is easier to be distorted than vb3.0 by hackers?

Because, I think, assume by any method, they get the admins' password code and they want to delete all threads.

In vb3.0:
                    They have to delete each thread one by one. So, it will take them so long time to delete or move as many threads as they can.

In vb3.5:
                    They can delete ALL the posts and threads just in few mintus, can't they?

=)
                    Not true with the posts...

Look for Prune Threads in the ACP.

Comment

Originally posted by Incendium
                      Not true with the posts...

Look for Prune Threads in the ACP.
                      But, if threads are deleted, their posts will be deleted automatically as well.

Comment

If you dont trust your mods dont give them the ability to physically remove posts, problem solved. The worst they can do is hide the posts.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Actully from this discussion, I can say, vb3.5 is better than vb3.0 if we know how to use it ..

Million thanks, my friends ..

Comment

Originally posted by BoYagoob
                            If they got the Admin PW they could Prune Threads from AdminCP - no matter if it is 3.0 or 3.5.

Comment

What kirby said.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X