Schools in session...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools in session...

Just got back from dropping off my 6-year-old at her first day of school as a first-grader. She goes to the same school that I attended in K through 3. Talk about memories, walking down that hallway it was like I was a kid again. We have just recently moved back to my home town and now our daughter attends school here. Isn't it weird how being somewhere from a long time ago can bring back memories you were sure that you had forgotten?

Heres to 12 years of work, lousy teachers and crappy food for lunch.

Hopfully she lasts longer than I did

Comment

I recently went back to my old elementary/grade school and man... it was so small! I was sitting there thinking "How the hell did I go down that slide!?"

Speaking of school, I just started my second year of college yesterday. I'm actually typing this in my class

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
        I recently went back to my old elementary/grade school and man... it was so small! I was sitting there thinking "How the hell did I go down that slide!?"

Speaking of school, I just started my second year of college yesterday. I'm actually typing this in my class

MGM out
        Hey! GET TO WORK!

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
          Hey! GET TO WORK!
          Please, its a freaking programming class. C++ and I'm already ahead by about 20 classes C++ is easy for me, and I've already read a few books on it and know how to use it.

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
            Hopfully she lasts longer than I did
            I didn't do it the first time around either. I was expulsioned my senior year after punching out a teacher. But I went back and got my diploma (at a different school of course). You have to, man, you have to. Or a GED or something. And then continue to advance from there. I always hated school, but wud'ya gunna doo mann?

Comment

I go back on the 6th for my last year of high school -- finally!

Please, its a freaking programming class. C++ and I'm already ahead by about 20 classes C++ is easy for me, and I've already read a few books on it and know how to use it.

MGM out
              I've got a programming class, too, and I know what you mean It's great being done though. I usually finish the course in about two weeks, so it's nice to know I can skip a lot classes and still get a 95% (or just go and surf the 'net). I don't think I'll have the same kind of luxury in college though

Comment

Funny thing is, our college gives us laptops for our use, and since every student has one, its not uncommon for people to use them in class. So I just pull mine out and go online and chat, etc. as the class is going. I did that all semester last year for my english/reading class and I got a B in it (could've had an A but I didn't do some homework).

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X