Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VBulletin seems better than that other one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin seems better than that other one.

VBulletin seems better than another Bulletin Board system who will remain nameless here.

Has anyone done a side to side compare or annalysis of the two?

There are alot of "others" that I can think of off the top of my head. I do not know of any table that has listed the majority or them side by side with an option list. Of course this would be really be useless since many of the softare packages get updated with new features in a relaitivly short period of time.

IMOP each one has there pluses and minuses. It all comes down to personal prefrence and what your actual needs are/will be.

Comment

Originally posted by complete
      VBulletin seems better than another Bulletin Board system who will remain nameless here.

Has anyone done a side to side compare or annalysis of the two?
      How can a side to side comparison be done of two boards when we don't know what the other board is - just taking into consideration the small fact that you have left the other board nameless.

Comment

Here's a thought; you shared an opinion. I'm sure some people think vBulletin has crappy support, just like others think IPB, phpBB, etc. has crappy support. It's all relative.
        Forums

Comment

Quillz, to be honest, in my time here, I've only seen one person ever say our support was bad... and they were a troll at that...

Comment

Originally posted by Arunan
            How can a side to side comparison be done of two boards when we don't know what the other board is - just taking into consideration the small fact that you have left the other board nameless.
            we all know he meant IPB.

So the question is if there is like a table with 3 columns, one for name, one for VB and one for IPB.

That would actually be kinda fun to see!!!!
            My site
            www.coolservice.dk

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              Quillz, to be honest, in my time here, I've only seen one person ever say our support was bad... and they were a troll at that...
              weird... i have not yet came acroos any thread on entire internet (except a couple of competitors forums).. speaking negative about vbulletin.
              But as mentioned by Zach, trails always speak negative..

Vbulletin Forums (the software script) and Vbulletin Staff (Developers, Technical and Sales) has always proved best for us and rest of VB Community

Warm Regards,
              TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                Oh, I'm sure. I've heard great things about vB support, too. All I'm saying is that making such a "comparison" would be stupid and biased. It'd just be opinions. The point is, different people are going to think different opinions about x's support.
                Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                  Oh, I'm sure. I've heard great things about vB support, too. All I'm saying is that making such a "comparison" would be stupid and biased. It'd just be opinions. The point is, different people are going to think different opinions about x's support.
                  Many people tend to stick with what they know. Even if, hypothetically speaking, IPB support was bad, a client would tend to still keep his loyalty to the product without knowing that there are better – not always the case, but in these situations it is what usually happens.

I have licenses with almost every software made to date that may be available for purchase online but I always pick some software as personal choices over competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                    Nothing is bias free though. Any statement made by any person is generally filled with bias. There are few people in the world that can actually do an unbias story.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                      Nothing is bias free though. Any statement made by any person is generally filled with bias. There are few people in the world that can actually do an unbias story.
                      they are called dead

Comment

Not true Fire. There are very few people who can write objectively.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I've playing around with phpBB, IPB and just recently purchased vB. Out of the box, phpBB is getting dated. To get it to have features that are equivalent of other boards (IPB, vB, SMF etc.) you'll have to install somewhere between 20 - 30 Mods. This gets worse when you try to upgrade to a newer version (once every two months on average).

IPB used to be free, when they decided to go commercial, they managed to pi$$ lots of people up. The current, stable version, 2.0.4 is comparable to vB 3.0.8 (I haven't played much with IPB to know the differences).

vB has a much longer history than IPB or phpBB. Being commercial from the beginning, vB focused on features, reliablity, surity, scalablitity, support etc. That's why it's very rare to see/hear a vB forum getting hacked. The product's simply more matured. It's much harder to obtain the source codes, it contributes really well.

To the way I see it, vB is like Mercedez while IPB's more like BMW. phpBB is, well, your good old reliable Honda (the most stolen cars in the world).

I have to confess, when I sent vBulletin 160 for my vB license, I didn't feel very well (it's not like everyone has that amount to throw around). But the more I get to know vB, the more I believe my money is well spent. I like vB more than my friend's IPB (duh!).

Comment

Yeahhh ! vBulletin rocks !

Comment

Working...
                            X