Apex DVD Player??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apex DVD Player??

Does anyone have Apex DVD Player? I have model 1110W and it has problems playing DVD-Rs. Any ideas as to why?

Because APEX sucks! I have one of their DVD players and it has never worked right. Not to mention the remote is mal-freakin-functional as well...

Comment

This is rare that Apex cannot play something. It should play almost anything: CD-Rs, VCDs, DVDs, DVD-Rs etc.

By the way, what's the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?

Comment

Originally posted by poli
        This is rare that Apex cannot play something. It should play almost anything: CD-Rs, VCDs, DVDs, DVD-Rs etc.

By the way, what's the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?
        Not a whole lot of difference between the 2 formats...Superb quality media is avaialbe for both + & -. The -R/RW format is older, and thus more compatible with older players as some of these older players have trouble playing the +R media format.
        Earlier, 16x media was only available for the +R format, but now it's avaiable for -R format as well, so this is no longer an issue.

As for Apex, yes the players usually play everything that's thrown at them, but the quality for these DVD players is horrible, and their lifespan is very short.
        Last edited by Vile; Mon 29th Aug '05, 6:25pm.
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

try burning the media at a slower speed, like 2x or 3x (maybe even 1x).

Comment

my Apex even palys other region DVDs..and I haven't messed with it in anyway.

Comment

No, I didn't burn the media on the computer. It's a Sony DVD-R and I used some Pioneer DVD recorder model and used "fine mode" to record stuff from DV.

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as to say APEX sucks but the only products that I have seen from them are bottom of the line. Not something that I have personally invested in.

Have you finalized the session on your DVD-R or are you just trying to check something mid-recording? Chances are you need to finalize the session for your dvd player to use it.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yes I finalized the DVD-R completely. It played on the original DVD recorder but not Apex.

Comment

i bought my mom a $80 apex and it plays anything i throw at it
                    i have relatives buying $300 sonys and crap that wont play a thing but a real dvd

go to http://www.videohelp.com/ for a database of what player plays what

Comment

Oh ya my $50 Apex can play anything I throw at until now. You're right that Sony one is really bad it can't play anything. Whatever Apex won't play I wouldn't expect Sony to play. Sony can't even play a CD-R.

Comment

Philips DVP642 >

Now this is one that really plays everything you throw at it, including DivX, and it's actually good quality, unlike Apex or those other cheap brands.
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Yeah, I have a Philips and never had a problem with anything. Even reads DVD+RW dual layers that I make.

Might look into one that specifically supports DVD Audio soon though.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Working...
                          X