"genre" search idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "genre" search idea

OK so on my mixed music forum, some members want to segregate styles..

I am not really into that.. it will ruin the forum if everything becomes separate..

So I am about to suggest that any one that wants to find their style of music - should add the key word in the thread title - (or in the post?)

eg -
    Hip Hop
    ROCK
    TECHNO

Then when visiting the site - they could keyword search for their favorite genre... And find the most recent threads at the top of the search list...

I then thought of having 'speed genre search buttons'

Click on the HIP HOP button- to find all the threads that have hip hop in them
    Click on the ROCK button to find all the threads that have a ROCK reference in them.

I don't know how to build up a custom search code for each button.... any clues?

And wonder if any of you, my esteemed colleagues, have a more elegant solution to suggest?

Thanks

Jules

Would it be possible to add a new custom field to the new thread screen? Where people would have to "tick" a specific genre for the new thread to be sent. Then you could also make it so that the genre they selected is automatically added before the thread title that they entered...for example:

- Rock: blah blah blah (whatever they entered)
    or
    - Rap: blah blah (whatever they entered)

Comment

Mmmmmmmmnnn... that's a GOOD one!

Thanks!

Keep em coming!

Comment

...and you could even add a cute little message if they forget to tick a genre, that says something like:

"Hey Dumb-$$, select a freakin' genre!"

Comment

If you make a genre category or forum, useres can go to advanced search and select the genre (category or forum) and therefor the search results will be on topic.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X