Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahoo vs Google

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yahoo vs Google

    The duel is on!!
    Which is your favorite and why?
    71
    Yahoo
    9.86%
    7
    Google
    85.92%
    61
    Other
    4.23%
    3

  • #2
    Google. I do't like yahoo atall. MSN over Yahoo even.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well...

      We (Several Friends) liked Google.
      Now that we see their terrible ability to list local websites correctly, we now use Yahoo.

      Comment


      • #4
        I still use google the most, but sometimes a search just returns to much rubbish from their index. Most of the time I can put the same query in at yahoo.com and get a good page.

        Real close to switching mainly to yahoo.

        Comment


        • #5
          although yahoo is my homepage...i do use the google features like gmail and maps(maps is the best!)

          Comment


          • #6
            Google, as my site is number one for my key words!

            Comment


            • #7
              Yahoo is my homepage also -- I like to see the news and weather.

              But I like Google also, because they refer a few thousand visitors to my website everyday.
              War is only fun when you are winning.

              Comment


              • #8
                I used to like Google but my support is waning. It's innovative to make a search engine that is clean, simple, and targeted, but buying companies and claiming their products as your own left-and-right while branching further and further away from your original vision is not. Just search, dammit. What does IM'ing have to do with searching?
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by filburt1
                  I used to like Google but my support is waning. It's innovative to make a search engine that is clean, simple, and targeted, but buying companies and claiming their products as your own left-and-right while branching further and further away from your original vision is not. Just search, dammit. What does IM'ing have to do with searching?
                  Well, I thought it and filburt posted it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HappyPike
                    Yahoo is my homepage also -- I like to see the news and weather.

                    But I like Google also, because they refer a few thousand visitors to my website everyday.
                    oh yeah? what's your website?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Google simply because their search page doesnt have all that clutter.. and I always get the best results with them.
                      Playstation-Racing
                      A vB powered community

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Google because Yahoo & MSN added together only give me 1/3 the ammount of visitors I recieved from Google, and I rank much higher on Yahoo and MSN than in Google for my best keywords. It's that crazy. I have two image galleries and Google Images helps a lot.


                        To Filburt

                        I think Google really wanted to take the position away from Microsoft as the number software company in the world, that's why they started to branching out all over the place.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A9, Amazon's search engine. I know that it's powered by Google, but there seem to be some differences between them (Aside from the 1/2Pi% off Amazon products for using A9. ). Namely, this whole debacle doesn't seem to carry over to A9. At least not yet.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AmericanPsych0
                            A9, Amazon's search engine. I know that it's powered by Google, but there seem to be some differences between them (Aside from the 1/2Pi% off Amazon products for using A9. ). Namely, this whole debacle doesn't seem to carry over to A9. At least not yet.
                            A9.com is very nice. I am going to start to use that. What is 1/2Pi% off amazon products?
                            Last edited by someuser190826; Mon 29 Aug '05, 6:59am.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arunan
                              A9.com is very nice. I am going to start to use that. Is is 1/2Pi% off amazon products?

                              ive never heard of that...ill have to check it out.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X