X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pssh,dude, dont give them ideas!

Comment

Jelsoft won't charge $500 for vBulletin. Even at $160 people ***** and whine about the price, not to mention many people can't afford $160, let alone $500. It'd be a bad business mistake to start charging more than 3 times the price.

Unless, of course, they offered it as a type of package. Say the default vB, along with a full installation by the Jelsoft staff, and maybe a license for a future product (CMS?) or perhaps with something like 50 plugins pre-installed (ie: Bug Tracker, and maybe some from vb.org). I could see them charging $500 for that...

MGM out

Comment

Charge $500 and see piracy skyrocket by tens of thousands of percent, Watch VB go from #1 to #1,000,000 over-night.

Speaking of 500, this is my 500th post, didn't plan that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
          Unless, of course, they offered it as a type of package. Say the default vB, along with a full installation by the Jelsoft staff, and maybe a license for a future product (CMS?) or perhaps with something like 50 plugins pre-installed (ie: Bug Tracker, and maybe some from vb.org). I could see them charging $500 for that...
          vBulletin, Installatin and a year of phone support is $595.00. Many of our newer customers go for this complete package.

vBulletin, Installation and Branding Free is $415.00. Another solid choice among new customers.

I don't think we will be raising our prices any time soon. Adding new modules and services but not really focusing on raising prices. Though I do get quite a few phone calls from people looking to buy and when I quote them the price, they wonder what to do with the rest of the thousands they requisitioned from the company. Hobbyists aren't our only customers.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Hobbyists aren't our only customers.
            We know. And that's what makes vB so great. It is priced so that hobbyists and professionals alike turn to it for their forum solution !

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Write
              Charge $500 and see piracy skyrocket by tens of thousands of percent, Watch VB go from #1 to #1,000,000 over-night.

Speaking of 500, this is my 500th post, didn't plan that at all.
              Price doesn't make a forum #1. It has a say, but it is by no means the only thing that tells people how good a forum is. If price had the most say, then free BB's would be #1 and not vB.

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Walim
                i think vBulletin should edit their price and make it 500$ for the best BB in the world
                I agree, but I don't agree to $500, I suggest to raise it to $249 for the owned license. But .. I don't mind sticking to $160

Comment

Pay 160, then just give me the other 340, Ill buy you an ice cream cone.

But, really, why would anyone ask for a price to be raised? Buy 3 vB licenses for 500 if you love it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                    I agree, but I don't agree to $500, I suggest to raise it to $249 for the owned license. But .. I don't mind sticking to $160
                    I think the price they currently was competively selected, and has proven successful.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoot045
                      Pay 160, then just give me the other 340, Ill buy you an ice cream cone.

But, really, why would anyone ask for a price to be raised? Buy 3 vB licenses for 500 if you love it so much.
                      no because if he wanted 3 licenses, he'd pay 1500.

But then again, if he wants to pay 500 for a license, he can go ahead, i dont think they'd mind.
                      My site
                      www.coolservice.dk

Comment

I wonder how many sales they'd get if they lowered the price to 50 bucks. Would the increase in sales overshadow the initial price cut? 10 items at 100 bucks each is 1000 bucks. 50 items at 50 bucks each is 2500 bucks.

Ponder...
                        House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

Personally I'd rather raise it to $1 million dollars. True we wouldn't have as many customers, but it only takes one.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Personally I'd rather raise it to $1 million dollars. True we wouldn't have as many customers, but it only takes one.
                            $1m better come with free renewals and support

Comment

Nah, for that you have to pay Jelsoft's employee's annual salaries
                              HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                                Richard Branson's personal website community.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X