"Fun" night for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fun" night for me...

Anyone who has been watching the news relating to Florida would know about Hurricane Katrina.

Well, I finally just got power back (it went out at about eight last night; lucky one I am, as some people's power had been out since three in the afternoon). Tons of flooding in some areas, and overall not so fun. Not to mention I was looking out my window when I saw, first-hand, a powerline short-circuit and explode.

There was even a highway overpass that collapsed; no one was under it thankfully.

At least I have one thing to look forward to tonight: The Green Day concert is still on when I called today. Odd thing to be happy about through all o this, but need something to get my mind off the area (where trees, power lines, etc down and crap).

Still though, I was in the area where the eye almost past through (eye went through Hialeah, a little ways from Mami). I'm safe, neighbors are safe, and I hope others in the are are okay.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Good to hear you didnt get hurt. Stay safe and turn off your computer so the monitor doesn't explode

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
      Good to hear you didnt get hurt. Stay safe and turn off your computer so the monitor doesn't explode

MGM out
      Do LCD monitors explode? =P

Comment

Originally posted by Incendium
        I'd be interested to know this as well... I always jump back when I am typing and the lightning strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Incendium
          I wouldnt know... hell, now you got me interested too

MGM out

Comment

Well... I'm back, again. It turns out when I came home at about midnight from the concert the power was out. It finally just came back (at about 1:50AM now). So, I had no power for... what looks to be about 40+ hours? I dunno...

I have to now throw out most of my food (milk, eggs, etc.), there are places still with no gas around here... accidents all over the place due to the street/traffic lights still out and people flying right through them instead of treating it like a four-way stop. The heat and humidity didn't help either.

I just hope the power will stay on this time...
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X