www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

lol .. loads 'o lemmings

Comment

[email protected]
          Site Administrator :: LifeStyleX Community

Comment

Strange. Usually when Google introduces a new service, it is different from existing services in a substantial way (e.g. Gmail had a 1GB mailbox, which was unheard of).

Google Talk doesn't offer anything additional compared to AIM/MSN/Yahoo, besides the lack of ads in the official client. It doesn't even support chats with multiple people.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaspers
              Strange. Usually when Google introduces a new service, it is different from existing services in a substantial way (e.g. Gmail had a 1GB mailbox, which was unheard of).

Google Talk doesn't offer anything additional compared to AIM/MSN/Yahoo, besides the lack of ads in the official client. It doesn't even support chats with multiple people.
              that stunned me too.... what is so special about it? I dont get it. It's gonna flop big time.
              My site
              www.coolservice.dk

Comment

I'm at:

Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer81
                  that stunned me too.... what is so special about it? I dont get it. It's gonna flop big time.
                  It's still in Beta, how can you predict that something will flop if it isn't even fully developed yet? That's like saying vB3.5 will flop based on what you've seen with Beta 1....

MGM out

Comment

How to Broadcast MP3's, Podcasts and other audio over Google Talk

http://www.twittv.com/googletalk.html
                    Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

onimua {at} gmail [dot] com
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

oblivionknight AT gmail DOT com

I love it's simplicity and bloat-free design.!

Comment

Originally posted by M1th
                          How to Broadcast MP3's, Podcasts and other audio over Google Talk

http://www.twittv.com/googletalk.html
                          That works for everything. Not new in any way
                          A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Originally posted by ajaspers

You don't think truly free VOIP is anything additional?

Jabber is cool too - open standard innit
                            http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

Code:
                              [18:28:12] *** Creating connection "[email protected]/Trillian"
                              [18:28:12] *** Server supports TLS encryption...
                              [18:28:12] *** Negotiating XMPP SSL connection...
                              [18:28:13] *** Connection established using EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA (TLSv1/SSLv3)
                              [18:28:21] *** Attempting to authenticate using PLAIN
                              [18:28:22] *** Authenticated.
                              [18:28:30] *** You have successfully connected to Jabber.
                              Now I finally have use for the Jabber plugin for Trillian.

Comment

Cool, I now have Google Talk in Trillian . Unfortunately people may get an error that says "connection lost to sever" or something like that, if it happens just reconnect. Hope that Helps some People. And I too prefer it's simplicity too something like MSN, which is why I use Trillian. Also if anyone wants to add me just click my signature and use the gmail account.
                                Last edited by Jagged Tooth; Wed 24 Aug '05, 5:47pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X