Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectPixel
    replied
    A few weeks ago, those were on sale for about $90 shipped at ZipZoomFly. I made an impulse purchase, only to remember that all my memory slots on my mobo were filled. (I canceled the order 5 minutes after I clicked purchase)

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Corsair's XMS sticks, both performance and reliability-wise.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I actually just wanted more ram, but to buy another stick of the same 512 I have in there now would be as expensive as getting 2 512's at DDR400 (seen above)

Currently
    DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 ATX
    AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Newcastle 800MHz FSB
    CORSAIR XMS XTREME 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 333 (just one atm)
    ATi Radeon 8500 128MB (This is a non LE version of the Radeon 8500 that is a second gen modle works insanely well for its age )
    Then I've got me some harddrives and etc.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    What processor do you have? There is no reason to buy a faster stick of memory if you don't plan on upgrading your memory again. If you have dual channel possibilities, I would buy an identical stick. But, whats the specs on your system.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Thats just what I was looking at, I have a single of XMS in here now but its slower (333, and its going into my other box).

I was wondering why the larger chip sizes have differnt clock freq's mostly

[QUOTE]

For the average user you will barely notice anything between a single stick and duals running on the same clock frequency. But if you are a high high end user you may just about, after a certain point you really dont notice at home, ie 1gb - 2 - 3
    I'm far from the average user, I do alot of work with LARGE PSD's that can consume 500mb after being opened with photoshop. and I play a few MMO's that also consume tons of ram. WoW on a friday in Ironforge = almost a gig of ram actively being used, making ironforge almost impossible to be in.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    I love Corsair XMS, and actually, I think thats almost exactly what I have in my pc at home... I haven't noticed anything slow about them, but then again, I dont really have anything to compare them to or test them on... they work great for Half Life 2

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Starsurfer
    replied
    For the average user you will barely notice anything between a single stick and duals running on the same clock frequency. But if you are a high high end user you may just about, after a certain point you really dont notice at home, ie 1gb - 2 - 3

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    started a topic Where are the hardware experts?! :D

Where are the hardware experts?! :D

I'm looking at upgrading my ram. I've got a stick of 512 at 333 in here now, I want to go to 400 and possibly upgrade to 1-2~ gigs.

I wanted to know why the 1024mb sticks timings seem much higher than the timings on the 512's. I'm guessing more things to lookup and access. But does it slow anything down noticeably?

Looking at these at the moment. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145450
    Last edited by Zachery; Wed 17 Aug '05, 9:12am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X