Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Out for This Email

Hey,
    I recieved this email in my google account, it was in the spam box. It appears to be from [email protected]. The subject is "Account Suspended" and the following is the message included..

Paypal User,
    In accordance with our major database relocation, we are currently having major adjustments and updates of user accounts to verify that the informations you have provided with us during the sign-up process are true and correct. However, we have noticed some discrepancies regarding your account at Paypal. Possible causes are inaccurate contact information and invalid logout process.We require you to complete an account verification procedure as part of our security measure.You must click the link below to complete the process.https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run
    Unable to do so may result to abnormal account behavior during transactions.
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page. PayPal Email ID PP096

I see that the address has http in it there however when I click it, it originally shows an IP in the address bar then changes to http://140.115.156.114/secured_site/index.php. Its obvious that this person is trying to collect paypal account information.

I have reported this to Paypal.

Thanks,
    mike
    Last edited by MikeWalczak; Fri 5 Aug '05, 2:42pm.

I get at least one of those a day..
    That's the end of that!

Comment

Wow really, I have never recieved one of those. Well anyways its still illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeWalczak
        Wow really, I have never recieved one of those. Well anyways its still illegal.
        Yes it is.. But I also get those from eBay
        That's the end of that!

Comment

Once you hover over the link and see the url doesn't point to paypal you know it's spam. Just forward it to [email protected]. That's what I do

I get about 3 of these a day.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMcL
            Once you hover over the link and see the url doesn't point to paypal you know it's spam. Just forward it to [email protected]. That's what I do

I get about 3 of these a day.
            I've got an action set up that basically takes any email with the text "Dear PayPal User" and "suspended" and forwards it to [email protected] and deletes the local copy.

Official PayPal emails will always address you by your account name.
            :)

Comment

Good idea. I think I'll setup a similar message rule now

I just checked the spam email I got this morning and it started with 'Dear valued PayPal member:'. Just an fyi

Comment

I get them all the time as well -- but mostly to email address that I don't even have associated with my PayPal account. I toss all of them out.

Comment

I haven't gotten any.
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forward several of these each week to [email protected].
                    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

I had periods of nothing but spam in years past.
                      Im 99.9% spam free lately.

Live and learn

Comment

I am 100% email spam free - I delete everything I recieve immediately

Satan

Comment

bogofilter is a good one, but only if you get a lot of mail. the more mail you get, the easier it is to train. it's a smart filter.
                          House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X