Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox blocking popups, now block more popups lol

http://www.petebevin.com/archives/20...ox_popups.html

Great info, and I got quite suprised myself seeing a few more popups to my liking then I usually do. So here's the fix!

Thanks for the tip off Floris
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Thanks - Now I feel popup-free

Satan

Comment

Quite interesting... popups from Flash.... I'll be sure to add this to my Firefox install later tonight.

MGM out

Comment

I use Internet Explorer and haven't seen a pop-up in two years...that's a pretty good track record.

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
            I use Internet Explorer and haven't seen a pop-up in two years...that's a pretty good track record.
            Wow, either you're really lucker or have a good popup blocker installed.

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
              Wow, either you're really lucker or have a good popup blocker installed.

MGM out
              The popup blocker in IE SP2 (and MSN Explorer 9.0) blocks more popups by default than the default Firefox one does. Just an observation.

I have the popup blocker on in Firefox and get dozens of popup ads per day, never get those ads at the same sites in IE or MSN Explorer.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I dont use IE SP2 so thats why I didn't notice. Either way, I've never had a problem with Firefox's popup blocker.

MGM out

Comment

Thanks for that! Just fixed
                  Ken Iovino
                  Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

I use the Flashblock extension for Firefox, which doesn't start Flash anims/movies without clicking a play button first. It stops the popup problem with the Flash plugin and also makes visiting sites a lot more controlable since you decide which flash you want to load/view. Take back the power!

It isn't good for sites which use Flash for navigation, but they shouldn't be doing so in the first place - in my opinion.
                    HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                    -
                    Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X