Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Shining, since I'm in this field (i own a fansite) I can tell you by far it resembles the MOST, a Virtual Barbie Doll, one you can buy at your local toy store.

What this case is about third-party content, and how it changes the game. If the game was played stock, it would maintain the ESRB rating of T. However as it clearly says on the box, "gameplay may change when connected to the internet" People are warned, and in the EULA, it clearly states EA isn't responsible for that.

As for the claim EA is promoting this stuff, that's totally twisted the wrong direction. EA has Community Managers that go from site to site guiding people on how to accomplish codehacks in general, but the stuff he's talking about was clearly done by third-parties and doesn't even involve a first party at EA.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    Why is that a problem? If it shipped with naked textures, then people are being sold software that is not what the ESRB rating board had seen when they had rated it and thus it should be changed to have the appropriate rating.
    Because it isn't a naked texture. It's a smooth texture that shows no genitalia whatsoever. There are skins out there that provide it, but those are user-created and are NOT included by default in the code.

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by JPT62089
    wtf... this guy wants The Sims 2 to have either AO or M cuz there is a mod out to remove the blur when sims r naked....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07...d_all_headline

how sad is that?
    Why is that a problem? If it shipped with naked textures, then people are being sold software that is not what the ESRB rating board had seen when they had rated it and thus it should be changed to have the appropriate rating.

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Originally posted by Arunan
    I am suprised people even find time to fight these things. Does this Jack Thompson get reimbursed by game companies for the fees?
    They get a huge cut of the class action suit if they win or settle. There are lawyers that make a living doing nothing but sue for the stupidest things on "behalf" of innocent citizens.

Leave a comment:

• Mavike
    replied
    Some people are just retared

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    sim-girl that looks like hillary clinton?

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Now let's get a naked version of him and make some videos and pictures to spread all over the net

MGM out
    LOL, why not just put him in a bed and have him woo-hoo with sim-girl

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by hellsatan
    Both your statements are flawed - You state that you think yet it is evident you do not

Satan
    However, that statement, in and of itself, is flawed as well, in that our statements are NOT false. So who has the false statement now?

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    Both your statements are flawed - You state that you think yet it is evident you do not

Satan

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Onimua
    . . . you know, this has been the first time in a long while a fellow member of any site has made a comment to make me slightly ill. Thank MGM... I think.
    I don't know whether I should take that as a good thing or a bad thing... You're welcome! .... I think

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Now let's get a naked version of him and make some videos and pictures to spread all over the net

MGM out
    . . . you know, this has been the first time in a long while a fellow member of any site has made a comment to make me slightly ill. Thank MGM... I think.

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    Originally posted by hellsatan
    LMAO

I bet he'll love that

Satan

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Ms. Pacman banned!

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    LMAO

I bet he'll love that

Satan

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    A member of the sims 2 community made this...LOL

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_...user_id=141304
    Ha! That's funny. I like the description of it:
    Keeping topical, I thought we should allow Jack to see what it to be inside the game and not just outside the store. Any similarities to any person living or dead is purely intentional. "Simchronicity"

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X