• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Onimua

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by MGM
    Jack Thompson *sigh* This guy just wont quit. He's an annoying bastard that doesn't know what he's talking about half the time. Half the comments he made for the San Andreas case were not true but the game still recieved an AO rating (although I do agree it was the developers fault for leaving the code in the game, knowing fully well that their games are modded to hell and back).

As far as Sims goes, that's not even a case. That's a moron trying to sound smart. A developer can't control third party mods, and third party mods dont have a rating system. So if someone makes a nude skin for Sims, why is that a problem? If someone wants to download it, they can. It isn't included by default, and it isn't like EA is supporting it.

If he thinks Sims is bad, he should play God of War or Postal 2 (with some of the mods available for this game which, coincidentally, had links available on the official game site linking to them).

One of these days Jack, one of these days....BAM!

MGM out
    Pics like that make me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• MGM

• MGM
    replied
    Jack Thompson *sigh* This guy just wont quit. He's an annoying bastard that doesn't know what he's talking about half the time. Half the comments he made for the San Andreas case were not true but the game still recieved an AO rating (although I do agree it was the developers fault for leaving the code in the game, knowing fully well that their games are modded to hell and back).

As far as Sims goes, that's not even a case. That's a moron trying to sound smart. A developer can't control third party mods, and third party mods dont have a rating system. So if someone makes a nude skin for Sims, why is that a problem? If someone wants to download it, they can. It isn't included by default, and it isn't like EA is supporting it.

If he thinks Sims is bad, he should play God of War or Postal 2 (with some of the mods available for this game which, coincidentally, had links available on the official game site linking to them).

One of these days Jack, one of these days....BAM!

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• Onimua

• Onimua
    replied
    He's just pissed off because of a mod (not by EA, but by a third-party person) made new "skins" for the Sims in the game to show their genetailia and whatnot. Nothing related to EA, so the guy has no stance on the game at all, and should be targeting the maker of the mod, not the game it was made for, because the game wasn't made to do stuff like that.

I don't know, but it sounds like this guy has never played any of these games he's targeting, much less be near a computer. Anyone knows that what is made on a computer, a good majority of it can be changed, modified, etc. to do things it wasn't intended for.

Good thing is he picked the wrong game to pick on, because he's got no case, period.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by JPT62089
    wtf... this guy wants The Sims 2 to have either AO or M cuz there is a mod out to remove the blur when sims r naked....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07...d_all_headline

how sad is that?
    As long as it applies to just EA's games, I wouldn't mind.

But in all honesty, I doubt he's got a case. Hot Coffee was deliberate and non-essential to the game. The Sims (both 1 and 2 and the fifteen million add-ons for it) are not doing it as an easter-egg or an unlockable scene. It's a 3D-based game and those Sims are 3D models. As such, they are built layer by layer -- first skin, then clothing.

EA has gone to great lengths to make the adult situations in The Sims appropriate for kids of all ages. I doubt the crazy "antigaming activist" will have a case. Plus, EA is rich as hell. They've got a few dollars to fight the case.

Leave a comment:

• Chris M

• Chris M
    replied
    Meh go ahead and do it - I'm an adult so whatever crap he tries to say about not letting kids see it, well, makes no difference to me

Although walking into a shop and buying it while onlooking kids are gawping at me with the "OMG HE CAN BUY THAT GAME I WANT IT SO BAD" look, I must say seems to make this idea much more appealing

Satan

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Please don't get me started......trust me.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase

• MrNase
    replied
    I didn't read this article but based on the headline I must say some people are really crazy

Just because there's a cheat, a leftover piece of code that made testing easier, a game should be t-rated or banned? I mean I don't have a problem with this because I can still buy those games but this is an unfair punishment for the publisher and the developers.

Hell you can even turn Windows into a pedophile's paradise because with it you can play those movies easily..

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089

• JPT62089
    started a topic GTA:SA down Sims 2 next target!

GTA:SA down Sims 2 next target!

wtf... this guy wants The Sims 2 to have either AO or M cuz there is a mod out to remove the blur when sims r naked....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07...d_all_headline

how sad is that?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X