Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    A board with broken images = very very ugly. It turns me off and usually I go running the other direction.
    Invision doesn't show broken images, it shows nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Now do you have a best/worst feature?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    There is a difference between the use of can't and won't. Can't would mean its physically impossible to do, I'm making a decision hence the use of won't.

I know we can do it but we don't need to do everything they did.

I do like the picture though
    Johnny has that effect on people...

Anyways, I never said you had to do it, or that you couldn't. I'd like it... Would save lots of bandwidth and storage... But hey, you're the boss.

I just personally think it should be a default setting... And we're totally off-topic. Hey, what's your vB best and worst?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    A board with broken images = very very ugly. It turns me off and usually I go running the other direction.

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    The advantage of vB, brinnie, is that if there is something that is lacking or that you feel is a must-have for your board, you can modify it easily

vBulletin cannot cater for everyone's needs, and there is no reason why they should for yours just because you want them to - If it doesn't get done, hack it

Satan

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Instead of Jelsoft dictating what you can/can't do
    There is a difference between the use of can't and won't. Can't would mean its physically impossible to do, I'm making a decision hence the use of won't.

IPB did it.
    You can too.
    I know we can do it but we don't need to do everything they did.

I do like the picture though

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Its not what we can't do its what we won't do.

Also IPB did it so we have to do it too?
    Did I say that?
    I'm sorry, are you trying to put words in my mouth?

"MUMBLER!"

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Originally posted by brinnie
    Hey Scott, Instead of Jelsoft dictating what you can/can't do, why don't just give the admin the ability to turn it on/off? Why doesn't the admin have any say in this?

IPB did it.
    You can too.
    Its not what we can't do its what we won't do.

Also IPB did it so we have to do it too?

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Zonex
    Worst: No Signature Storage
    What ^ said.

Originally posted by brinnie
    Hey Scott, Instead of Jelsoft dictating what you can/can't do, why don't just give the admin the ability to turn it on/off? Why doesn't the admin have any say in this?

IPB did it.
    You can too.
    The main problem I can see with Jelsoft adding that to vBulletin is that some vBulletin boards will be slow and if that happens people might blame Jelsoft.
    Last edited by Shining Arcanine; Tue 26 Jul '05, 3:16am.

Leave a comment:

• ]SK[
    replied
    I currently have Avatars uploading into the file system. I would like to see the same feature for signatures. During the upload (like avatars) the dimensions and file size is checked and then discarded or accepted. The signature sits in the file system on the forum then just like the Avatars.

*Edit*

Sorry I was replying to someone else but they arn't actually talking to me anyway. Ignore this post

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The remote linking thing has always been our way to stop people abusing the system with 500kb avatars, or...

IPB did it.
    You can too.

Leave a comment:

• Zonex
    replied
    Best: Plugins
    Worst: No Signature Storage

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    The remote linking thing has always been our way to stop people abusing the system with 500kb avatars, or having one with proper size dimensions during the check and then change them to a bigger setting.

Then there is the whole, what happens if the server linking to the avatars is down? You get infinite page loading which always annoys me.

The post icon and smiley thing was intentional though we could do with sorting the images for white / black bgs.

Leave a comment:

• JPT62089
    replied
    Best: vBulletin 3.5 itself
    Worst: IPB can import vB into IPB (sry had to say it )
    Needed: um.... cant really think of any atm...

Leave a comment:

• ]SK[
    replied
    True, there are no bad features for me, just one I wish existed

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    (Umm...you can't really call a lack of a Feature the Worst feature...perhaps you should ask for 'Best features and Features that should be there').

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X