X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtrac
    replied
    Originally posted by MobayNation
    Hey I submitted my site to google, and its been 4 months and no bots, only a link on google with no text about the site.
    Look up generating sitemaps (think there's a thread on TheAdminZone.com) and leave it where Google can find it. If you have an RSS feed turned on, Google's blog thingy will find that, too.

Leave a comment:

• Gomjaba
    replied
    Maybe install a statspage like bbclone - it shows your spider and then you have something to compare

Demo of my site :

http://ut2007world.com/bbclone

google shows up there but never on Whos online *weird*

Leave a comment:

• art99
    replied
    Originally posted by dreamer81
    well my bad then.. last time i submitted something (a few years ago), they banned people for over submitting sites.
    From GOOGLE's site.
    ---------------------
    Please visit our (submit your URL, site) page to input your URLs. You can submit your site as often as you like, but multiple submissions won't improve the likelihood of your site being added or accelerate the process. We don't penalize sites for "over-submitting." If you choose to submit your site, only the top-level domain is necessary, as the spiders can follow your internal links to the rest of the pages.

Leave a comment:

• Tony-OH
    replied
    How do you know if your forums has google bot on it. I don't think I've ever seen one listed under the members or guests?

Leave a comment:

• allstar89
    replied
    I think that Googlebot is rubbish compaired to some others, eg:

I always have a googlebot in my forum and it takes ages to navigate to and from pages and then when i look at what it's indexed on google, it's allways crap. none of my results have titles or descriptions.

On the otherhand: msn had a couple of bots in the other day for the first time. They were in for ten minutes and had managed to get most of the forum indexed. a few hours later on MSN search I had 100+ results with titles and full descriptions.

<3 MSNbot

Leave a comment:

• KimmiKat
    replied
    I also tried for adsense, but got a rejection letter a couple of days later.

Speaking of Google bots, one of my admins mentioned they saw this in the Online screen... "Google Spider [IMG]images/classic/misc/question_icon.gif[/IMG] Modifying Password
    66.249.64.66"

Anything to worry about?

Leave a comment:

• someuser190826
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec44
    Speaking of the devil, Google bots are currently all over my board!
    I take mainstream bots like google being on my site as a blessing -- especially if it makes a large difference in the listing of my site. Consider yourself blessed .

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    Speaking of the devil, Google bots are currently all over my board!

Leave a comment:

• andrewpfeifer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bema Jinn
    This has been 2 months. and when i log into google adsense it says:

Been like this for a month or 2.

GoDaddy
    (This only applies if you're talking about the site listed in your signature!)

Just looking at your site, you may want to add content before you try to apply for adsense. Forums almost always have a crappy click thru % also, and that seems to be the only part of your site that is up and running at full speed at this point. Content is gold for Google/Adsense. If you don't have fresh and original content, you're not going to make money. If you have that original content, you'll start pulling in plenty of cash.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Might want to try to reapply then.

Leave a comment:

• Bema Jinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec44
    I got a reply the next morning.
    This has been 2 months. and when i log into google adsense it says:

Account Not Active
    An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as your application is currently in review. Within a week of your application date, we'll review your application and follow-up with you via email. Once you are approved to join AdSense, you'll be able to log in to your account and get started.
    Been like this for a month or 2.

Originally posted by patriotcow
    Where did you get your domain from? if you bought it or backordered it then it might be banned.
    GoDaddy

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    I got a reply the next morning.

Leave a comment:

• someuser190826
    replied
    Originally posted by Bema Jinn
    they normally reply to say yes or no, though!
    Yes, but my friends rejection letter came about a week or two after.

Leave a comment:

• patriotcow
    replied
    Where did you get your domain from? if you bought it or backordered it then it might be banned.

Leave a comment:

• Bema Jinn
    replied
    they normally reply to say yes or no, though!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X